Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
New to Awful, loving it. Posting from my iPad right now. Looking forward to v2.0!

...no bugs or anything to report, just effusive praise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
When I'm in the sidebar, I can't swipe sideways to go back to the forums index from the thread list of an individual forum anymore. Is this intentional? My swipes just do nothing after the first one calls up the sidebar itself, with the thread list.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nonsense posted:

The only issue I seem to have with this new update is the make thread unread feature is gone and now I have a bunch of numbers next to threads I don't want to continue updating myself on.

I'm an idiot and didn't notice the control thingy scrolled. Sorry!
This got me too. The old way of displaying those six options as two rows of 4 and 2 is MUCH better than the new way of forcing a scroll.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I would really like to be able to mark threads as unread quickly. Perhaps you could add an option to remove things from the long press menu? I never use copy URL or OP's profile, and removing those two would cut six buttons (requires a side scroll) down to four (doesn't). Or something. You're the genius designer with the good app.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
That works too! As long as you know it's a thing someone (read: me) cares about.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
When I go to the forums list, subforums don't show up even if they were "popped out" last time I viewed - the arrow will be pointed down to indicate it should be showing them, and a tap will make it go back in, so I have to double tap to see them again.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Can I add someone to my ignore list through Awful?I tried clicking the arrow next to their name, and also going to their profile. Neither worked.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mr. Apollo posted:

Sometimes I'll have a forum expanded to show its sub-forums. If I exit the app and come back sometimes the "show sub-forums" icon is pointing down yet the sub-forums are not expanded out. It seems to be dependant on the length of time between exiting the app and starting it again. If I tap the icon it'll reset itself. Taping it a second time correctly expands the sub-forums.

Here's a screenshot showing what I mean. Look at the icon next to Serious Hardware / Software Crap.

This happens to me too. It's not a huge deal, but it's annoying!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
9.11 is crashing for me every time I try to open or close the subforums list for any forum.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I couldn't resist phrasing it that way, but it's true. The forum index list thing seems frozen in time, some subforums lists are open and others are closed and if I try to change the state of either the app crashes. This is a change from previous behavior where the subforum lists automatically closed themselves more or less at random, which was fine because I could just reopen them. And I'm on version 9.11, heh.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I don't really need a red number indicating that Lowtax has announced that he will be in Chicago this weekend :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

pwn posted:

Blame Lowtax for indiscriminately using Announcements for both serious forums stuff and also his vacation plans, then
Well, yeah. A toggle option for that display would be nice, because he certainly doesn't look to be stopping. One is plausible and one isn't, and all that.

• Locked thread