Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

pokeyman posted:

Just submitted a new version with a new login screen. Sorry this is taking so long.
In other words, "We just noticed something you had in the app since day 1, so you gotta fix it now"?

I mean, they're well within their rights to deny it, but it's nothing new, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
pokeyman - I sent you an email about this, but the release that lost the always persistent bookmarks view for iPad in landscape really upset me.

I liked having bookmarks visible at all times, it made it real easy to get caught up on a bunch of threads with only a couple of new posts each.

Any way we could get this back, at least as an option?

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

pokeyman posted:

gently caress me. Guess what was in my spam folder. I'm sorry I didn't respond, and thanks for following up.

I have the same setup: bunch of bookmarked threads, each with a handful of new replies. I'm not sure how to go about it. I can't stand having the bookmarks (/forums/favorites/settings) view always open. But that certainly doesn't rule out an option.

Do you like the bookmarks view open for any other reason? Or do you prefer it just for your bookmarks? I've been thinking about some kind of consolidated bookmarked threads view, so you can quickly go through all of your bookmarked threads' unread posts.
I only browse the forums by bookmarks - never any other way.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
I'm having trouble posting with an image from my library. Keeps saying unknown error occurred (-1).

(v 1.9)

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

dexter6 posted:

I'm having trouble posting with an image from my library. Keeps saying unknown error occurred (-1).

(v 1.9)
So after trying this with the same image / thread from my computer, it turns out SA was throwing an error about file size.

So, it would be nice if two things happened:
1. Awful would at least elegantly handle this error message and pass it along to me
2. Ideally, the app would resize the photo itself. This was taken with an iPhone 5 so I'm not sure if camera phone pics are too large these days or what.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

xzzy posted:

Eagerly awaiting version 1.9999999.
So... v2?

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
When my bookmarks are loading, they all have white on blue text for the unread count. Once they load, they go to orange and red (based on the color I've flagged them on the web).

Is there any way to make them blue? Am I bookmarking them wrong or something?

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
I can't get threads to not be orange and yellow based on the colors I've assigned. I keep toggling the display of colors on the web and it works fine, and the app shows all blue when it loads. But then I refresh the bookmarks and it gets colorized again.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

pokeyman posted:

Which SA option are you toggling?

Awful looks at the color of the stars on the bookmarked threads page. If you set 'Show bookmark category "star buttons" next to threads' to 'no', no orange/yellow.

There's also an option "Colorize threads according to the bookmark category I've assigned". Awful does not know of or care about this option.
I've set both of those to no, and tried all the permutations of them and the colors always come back in the app (though the web seems to update fine).

Edit: the new build email you just sent me out is what made me come back to this thread and I see here you've posted specifically for me. :)

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

Anya posted:

Wait, how are we adding pics to post from camera? I didn't know that was possible without hosting the pic. I've got plat, is there something I'm just missing or am I dumb? The dumb wouldn't surprise me.
Just tap in the compose screen, click the arrow, then click the img button.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
I use it exclusively on the iPad and it's not complete poo poo. Crazy!

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
For me, I saw the button but had no idea what it was. I actually sat and tried to figure out how to get the sidebar to go in and out for a while and couldn't. I finally tapped that button cause I had no other idea what it could do.

You know how if you are playing a video or game and they have the swipe up gesture do the thing where it doesn't work the first time but a little icon shows up that lets you know to pull again if you're sure?

That sort of icon on the side to let me know there is a little something there that can be pulled out or pushed in would seem to make more sense.

And then, since it hovers above, there should be a way to pin it in, or make it sink in or something.

Just thoughts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
Is it supposed to respect my setting on the web for number of posts to load per page?

• Locked thread