Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Awf3l

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Half the time I slide in the sidebar thread list on my iPad, it's just the shadow layer, and I have to kill the app to get the thread list back. Is this a known bug?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
No clue, really. YouTube embeds render as big empty spaces 75% of the time for me, too.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Sure, like the PYF Funny Video thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3262039&pagenumber=1

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The app probably sends the link to the default external browser. Unless you've jailbroken your device, that's going to be Safari.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
All the YouTube embeds that kept crapping out on me seem to be working (so far). Thanks for the hard work!

Edit: Could we get a settings toggle to disable the 'Are You Sure?' post confirmation?

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 10, 2012

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Okay, YouTube problems are back, on the new version.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515797&pagenumber=140#post409504325

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Can you make the "X Pages Remaining" notice darker than the "End of thread" notice? I keep missing the next page of a thread.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Another vote to bring back the Refresh button, please!

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Last page, mostly. It's tricky to keep up with fast-moving live threads without it.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

supersteve posted:

If pull to refresh/next page ever becomes a reality I feel like it would remove the need for the actual button.

That would be cool, just a flick-up-to-refresh action.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

god this blows posted:

I just got 1.8.1 and I'm so glad to have refresh back!

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Any chance the [img] option in the long-press Format menu could include an option to input the [img] tags around the selected text? If I paste in a link to an image URL, the only options are to upload an image.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Step 1. Submit App to App Store.
Step 2. Wait.
Step 3. There is no step three!

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
What are the specs for the square thread tags? I need to make a version of for the app, since it's now being used by a few threads.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Oh, cool. The square tag will probably look good as

BLU
RAY

in the box, above the disc (like the DVD tag).

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 9, 2013

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Oh man, that looks great.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Inline GIFs make anything I'm reading on my iPad slow to a virtual halt, even if there's just one on the screen. Is that a known issue?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Now that Google has released the iOS 'open in Chrome' code, could you look at amending the "copy post URL" options to include an 'open in Chrome' command? I only browse the forums through the browser for mod stuff, and a direct link would make things really easy - instead of copying the URL, switching to Chrome, pasting in the link, etc.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

withak posted:

Tap and hold on a link to open in Chrome. Unless I misunderstand what you are looking for.

In-line links are fine - long-pressing "copy post URL" in the *** submenu does nothing except copying the URL of the post. I'd like it to open up directly in Chrome.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Any chance the next revision could increase the motion needed to flip to the next page at the bottom? I keen missing the last three or four posts at the end of each page.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
On my iPad, it's become rather difficult to get spoiler tags to de-black. Is that just me? I end up having to tap and tap and tap and tap sometimes.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Any chance that a button could be added (or the 'Copy Post URL' functionality could have an additional option) allowing a post to be opened directly in the browser when pushed?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

pokeyman posted:

I don't think you're the first to suggest it. I can take a look.

Awesome. There's no mod controls in the app (which is fine), but it's kind of a pain to have to copy the url, jump to Chrome, paste it, do my mod thing, then jump back - especially if there are several posters making GBS threads up a thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Great update. Thanks for the 'open with...' option. Only one issue - when you go into a thread, the sidebar thread listing jumps up to the top of the list, no matter how far down the selected thread sits on the list.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 9, 2013

• Locked thread