Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The App Store approval process is by no means perfect. Good luck getting it through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
For me it's a bit cumbersome because I have to press and hold, then press an arrow, then if I wanted bold or something I would choose format and then bold. It takes longer than just [ b ]. I think putting the symbol buttons in the header area works well, and it's simple. Also, the [ img ] button makes me choose a picture currently on my phone. If it just pasted from clipboard and wrapped it in image tags, it would be much more suited to how I generally use it. I'm not sure what it does to select an image off my phone in the app. Does it upload it to imgur or something?

brap fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 10, 2012

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just got an iPad and I dig this version of the app. I would just say that permanent two column is definitely warranted in landscape.

I think that previous posts could be loaded by default after replying. It's weird to be sent back to my post with nothing else there. Maybe that's unnecessary. I'm also on wifi and this device is powerful enough to load the page in a snap unlike my iPhone 4.

The button that brings out the sidebar should move to the right of the sidebar so it can be dismissed more easily by tapping it again. I don't know. I just know it gets clumsy when I'm controlling things with my right thumb. Probably there's no perfect fix.

brap fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 19, 2012

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

pokeyman posted:

When the sidebar is visible the entire rest of the screen becomes a "hide sidebar" button, does that work?

Whoa. So it is. Thanks for the tip.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The button named "jump to page" should be renamed "go." Also, spoiler tags in the touch and hold menu would be great. Just make it spit out both ends of the tag so you can type in the middle.

Did I miss any word on previews for image uploads?

brap fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 20, 2012

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Haha I'm loving this forums update that does nothing but break the awful app

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Too bad about these circumstances. Redesign and a store holiday all together.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fallom posted:

Maybe if you don't want it to get denied for expedited reviews you should stop trying to include a root exploit in the TCC link.

what

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm finding myself quite fond of safari's full screen mode in landscape. It would be cool if awful handled it similarly-- make a full screen icon appear by the post/option buttons in landscape and show a translucent full screen button when you're in full screen to turn it off.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I was under the impression that SA runs a Frankenstein monster built off of a 12 year old version of vbulletin.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is it possible to make the bbcode buttons at the top magnify when you touch them like the rest of the keyboard does?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't think the new reply icon is well chosen compared to the "email compose" icon and I'm not sure the Aa button belongs in the thread view instead of the options menu.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The jump to first and last page buttons should be moved back to the jump to page thing.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow. You turned off autocapitalize/correction for specific forums? That's attention to detail.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just experienced a UI bug relating to posting while out of range of wifi.
I couldn't dismiss the pop up because the keyboard was in the way. Bar buttons were unresponsive. Typing caused text to appear in the field. I had to kill the app.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lowtax should just accept that Awful is the right way to read SA on iOS. Anyone who is willing to spend american dollars to be a member of a forum is willing to go to the app store and get the free app.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Soooo any plans for handoff?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So, uh, what's the strategy? Just make little tweaks and submit again till you get a reviewer who's cool with the swinging dick gif?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Reposting here cause I can't seem to post in the right thread for poo poo.

I get this keyboard fuckup pretty often. Maybe it comes from using the app in one orientation, leaving, then coming back in another orientation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

:I
I don't remember the actions that caused this. I just woke my phone up, opened the awful app and it was like this. Killing it and reopening fixed it.

• Locked thread