Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Selectable font sizes and pinch zoom on clicked images up to 200% or more even if it pixellates the image!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
How about keeping the link to the reason in the leper's colony on the "USER WAS PROBATED/BANNED FOR THIS POST" text?

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
How about swipe to hide threads you don't want to ever see, and I guess an option in settings to "reset hidden threads"?

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

pokeyman posted:

Maybe use both? They each do some things better.

As soon as it bloody well gets accepted to the App Store. It was just rejected a second time, this time because the reviewer stumbled upon TCC. (First time was for it being possible to buy an account without using In-App Purchasing by clicking around the login screen.) Should be able to get this one sorted quickly, though it's the weekend so then again probably not.
Is TCC visible to unregistereds? Or was just the name in the forum list enough to spook the apple reviewers? What's your plan for dealing?

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

pokeyman posted:

We'll figure something out I'm sure. Might have just been one overzealous reviewer.
Do you have to give them an account? It'd be funny if they could only see GBS and gently caress and poo poo and all that :)

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

The Dave posted:

Here's a little peek at the current thread tag progress, it's pretty significant ( these all won't make the next release, but will make the one after that!):

That's pretty great. Nice work!

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Great work but FYI if I post any emoji the entire post changes to "(null)"

iPhone 5 iOS 6 if that matters

randyest fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 10, 2012

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

TACD posted:

For everybody asking about dark mode - what's wrong with the 'high contrast' mode built into the phone? I have triple-tap on the home button set to activate it and it's basically a super convenient dark mode that works across the entire phone.
That's what I do too and the only drawback is pictures are also inverted.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Anyone else notice that sometimes when you long press to select some text it will highlight the entire post and there's no way to get it to highlight just a word or anything less than the whole post, even if you try dragging the select box handles? Sometimes it's fine though, and I can't see a pattern in the behavior.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

pokeyman posted:

Yeah, that's some fuckery I haven't figured out yet. I get the same thing in Safari sometimes.
Yeah me too so maybe it's an ios issue. Seems to happen more often in awful though. Not a big deal, just weird.

Does 1.9 allow more zooming in on pics when they're clicked and open full screen? I know it'd pixelate in some cases but I'd still love that option.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

pokeyman posted:

I don't have archives and have no idea how they work, nor can I test them out. If someone with archives is willing to add what's needed to Awful, I'm happy to help any way I can.
I'll buy you an archives cert if you want one.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

pokeyman posted:

I don't promise they'll be implemented anytime soon in Awful, but that would certainly speed up the process. Thanks!
Archives gift cert sent by PM. I don't even care if awful ever gets archives support since I rarely use archives when I'm mobile, so please don't take it that way at all. I just wanted to say thanks for your efforts on the app!

(FWIW I care more about being able to zoom images way more than archives :) .)

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Binary Badger posted:

This may have been brought up before, but how about variable font sizes? Or even a S/M/L switch? Would be great for Minis..

I *do* appreciate the dark theme, as it saves untold minutes of power.
I love the dark theme too but FYI dark colors use (a tiny bit) more power than light on LCD screens.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

pokeyman posted:

That's a good idea. We're not done with profiles/titles/etc. just yet.

Development note: we originally had it so a long tap on a username or avatar would bring up the profile. Unfortunately, that interacted poorly with text selection and spectacularly poorly with VoiceOver. So I stuffed profiles in the ... menu for the time being.
Would it make life easier for you to make a single tap on avatar or user name (not long tap which could be confused for selection) open a menu for profile / custom title / rap sheet / pm / post history or whatever? That seems more logical than having it on the post "..." menu. Maybe there's a downside to that but I can't think of one,

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Still loving the app, thanks pokeyman. Here's an idea: an option to use the forums IP instead of the URL domain name for wifi hotspots / workplaces that block it? Total edge case and rarely necessary but might be easy to do.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

pokeyman posted:

Does that work? That's awesome. I'll put it on the list.
Works at my office and at the free wifi at American Joe's at least.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

And the IP is not likely to change?
Not bloody likely! (It's been the same for years; unless Lowtax changes hosts or the host changes something it'll stay the same.)

But you could have the option to fill in an IP address with the default being the current one.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Just popping in to say thanks for keeping this awesome app going, and especially for the font size thingy. That's so helpful for my old man eyesight.

echinopsis posted:

It's a brilliant idea really. SA charges you just to log out so why not
Huh?

jivjov posted:

I'm living with a Ban on my rapsheet for a "catchphrase" that I still don't know I said.
"wow just wow" is a normally probateable catchphrase. Apparently you said it during sharkweek / red hammer week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

jivjov posted:

I've never heard of that being a catchphrase before. I didn't see it listed anywhere in the forum rules as something not to be said. It is something I typed to express my amazement and disbelief. But anyway, this really isn't the place to have a detailed discussion on this
Yeah there are several probateable phrases that aren't specifically mentioned in the rules but are probably noted in the saclopedia somewhere. Try to find them -- it's like a game! :q:

• Locked thread