Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

stuffed crust punk fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
(iOS 9 beta 4) Every time I make use of the per-post ... Button the popover slides to the right offscreen further until I no longer have the option to quote anyone

Please let me know how this happened once you solved it, usually screen-size laziness manifests itself with poo poo only appearing in the first 320x

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Crash on forums list resolved itself. Maybe an unsafe network call there or something, or related to the issues this morning, anyway thx for listening

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I reinstalled and the crash persisted

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not bitching, just trying to help

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pokeyman posted:

I was earnestly saying thanks! It helps to narrow down what's up.

I know it dawg, I do iOS dev 9-5 and theres nothing worse than offshore qa items that boil down to "thing no work"

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Has there been extensive testing using splitview on the new human-sized ipads? I just got a mini 4 and could make a point to browse half-screen if it'd help

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In split view I have Awful on the left 2/3 and another app on the right 1/3 in portrait, and I'm on the forums list. If I switch to landscape Awful's window shows nothing but blank space. It looks to me like Awful is switching size classes and Awful is showing its empty detail chunk of master-detail view.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Does anyone else have issues tapping on links? Sometimes they open right away, sometimes I have to mash it like an animal.

I've noticed that sometimes tapping on a stubborn link will scroll the content up 1pt on each tap. If I manually scroll up a bit (enough to fully show the quick bar at the top of the scrollview) it usually will push to the webview on the next tap.

Iphone 6S 9.2.1
Ipad mini 4 9.2.1
(But I think I've seen this on prior app/os versions)

Also is there a formal bug reporting spot or should we just post them here

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In the latest version video widgets dont let me fast forward

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pulp rag posted:

iOS 9.2.1

Super strange. Worked randomly for a few minutes, then crashed again in the same way. Seems to crash on both the login and after logging in of I get enough time to let it go through.

Did the RSF change? I think that was the issue that was causing crashes maybe like a month ago - the app expects a certain forums list and craps out when it gets something different (or something like that).

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ditto

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

carry on then posted:

Aw poo poo, if course I forgot the logs are useless without a dSYM. Is there an easier way to get it than cloning a new workspace with the last release build and generating it myself?

Doesnt testflight automatically do this? Try looking around itc

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Re the scroll to end - pull to refresh:

If you scroll to end, the tableview will simply not stubbornly scroll to the y offset to trigger that state switch for what looks like the section/table footer (with the rotating arrow or whatever it is now). If I were to guess what was going on, it looks like once the scroll to end button is tapped, a flag is set and the tableview is applying a static y offset in scrollviewDidScroll.

However, scrolling up at all unfucks this and after that you can pull to refresh. I might be filling in blanks where I shouldnt but I have also noticed a little more success in opening links in the pushed webview after scrolling up as well (there may be some lineup with whether that shortcut bar at the top where scroll to end lives being fully visible)

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Whoever submits this app to apple, take loving heed of this

https://www.reddit.com/r/iOSProgramming/comments/45siza/this_certificate_has_an_invalid_issuer/

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Getting the crash but found a workaround (if you are still logged in)

Home screen -> airplane mode -> launch -> favorites -> un-airplane mode

Ymmv based on how many favorites you have I guess. You could go onto the web, star some threads, do the trick above, refresh favorites and :justpost:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
loving radium

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Soricidus posted:

if you really aren't enjoying the new awful experience, please contact customer services to arrange a full refund.

:lol:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It seems the 20 year old forums software is doing some odd crap

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

`Nemesis posted:

I second this - I do the same thing constantly.

Ditto

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

anthonypants posted:

Updated to 9.3 beta 5 on my 5s, no problems with the app.

e: but why are all of the smilies after nexus duplicated?

and then I got it to duplicate again but I'm not sure exactly how

Shut off tech cell signal mode nerd

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pissflaps posted:

Is it just me for whom clicked links result in a blank, white page - but when I click the safari icon they load straight up in the real browser?

This is prolly an apple fuckup tbh

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, the Safari WebView offers and then the app goes to the right place.

Awful.app is basically why I removed the youtube app from my iPad

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pokeyman posted:

I was worried about whether the YouTube app's URL scheme would handle it, and mapping between the [url]http://[/url] and youtube:// URLs, but it just occurred to me that YouTube.app traps the [url]http://[/url] URL anyway.

Then I see this:

and I don't mind being a force for good in the world.

Yeah by that i meant the safariview is annoying as piss, if you choose not to open in youtube it just sits there instead of loading the site

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
App is now becoming completely unresponsive to button controls in the table/scrollview. Links are unresponsive (different than the "scroll down 1pt" bug on links - its not even doing that, and long touches dont launch the actionsheet) as are the ... buttons for mark read, etc.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Diabolik900 posted:

This is from a SafariViewController bug. It happens if you swipe to close a web view too quickly. It won't happen if you tap the Done button or just swipe the web view more slowly. The issue is fixed in the iOS 9.3 betas.

Sweet, gracias

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
God bless the devs that scrape this shitshow of a forum

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone else seeing an issue where pages beyond 1 of bookmarks not loading?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

101 posted:

Agreed. It looks a lot nicer and it really doesn't make all that much difference. Especially now you have NightShift to help make your eyes more comfortable in the dark

Used this last night and it rules, esp when a safariview pops up on ipad and you get a fully white screen

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
iPad mini 4, 9.3

I keep seeing an issue where I stop scrolling down and (with no/zero-second animation) the shortcut bar at the top fully extends and the tableview scrolls down the bar's height and it's annoying as piiiiiissssss

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can I contribute code to the project?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If I change the app ID and self sign it to a device (so I can have the prod version of the app installed as well) will that gently caress anything up

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ty for the twat embeds, the uspol thread is much nicer now :bernin:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I know Reddit delisted alien blue last week when their new official client launched

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah he should've said civilized world

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

carry on then posted:

You'll probably have to uninstall YouTube, since if it's installed I can't figure out a way to get to the YouTube mobile site, it always wants to use the app or do nothing.

This is a failure of safariview/native links I think

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

baram. posted:

I just tried opening the videogame deals thread and got this error:

which I don't think I've ever seen. it has a new thread icon which hasn't been brought to the app yet which may have confused it? probably not but it did open fine when I tried a second time.

I'm on build 31203 from TestFlight, iPhone 5s.

Fix this but keep it enabled for that dumbass that posts indiegala anime games every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Feature request - could the "pull for next page" become a toggle under the settings screen? I find myself accidentally triggering it a lot and having to go back a page. Pair this with asynchronously loading tweets changing the total content height of the scrollview and scrolling down the the last two posts I missed on the previous page gets chaotic.

Additional feature request - any chance there could be a "cache x pages" feature? I ride the subway to work and I'll next-page up a few before going underground and I see the app does somehow persist loaded pages. It'd be handy to be able to quickly download a few pages for offline viewing.

As always, thanks for the app!

• Locked thread