Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radge
Jan 21, 2005

Some feature requests:
  • Generally better aesthetics
  • Replace the tab bar with a sliding menu (e.g facebook)
  • Option to disable the ugly icons on the left
  • Auto loading when scrolling to bottom of a page
  • Sort out the weird way the navigation buttons on the navigation bar are a different blue from from the background
  • Replace the "actions" icon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radge
Jan 21, 2005

O2 seems to block SA but you can bypass it by browsing directly to the IP. Would be nice if the app had the option for this.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Is the disappearing bookmark thing fixed on github?

radge
Jan 21, 2005

The text size setting really needs to be better implemented as its almost impossible to set the text size properly without a lot of trial and error.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Is there any chance of the yospos themes being added to the forum list as opposed to just the thread view?

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Why has their been no changes to the github repo for a month? Is there a super secret iOS 7 branch somewhere that I'm missing?

radge
Jan 21, 2005

pokeyman posted:

As in open Awful when you tap a link to the forums in some other app? Unfortunately that's not doable today on iOS. There is a poor man's way to do it: copy the link then switch to (or launch) Awful. It'll ask you if you want to open the link.

You reminded me of a feature other apps have that I just implemented in Awful: the awfulhttp:// URL handler. The next version can open URLs that start with awfulhttp://. So if the app you're in has an address bar, you can prepend awfulhttp:// and tap Return and Awful will open right up. No idea if this'll be useful but it was easy to do!

I don't think it's that useful because on iOS 7 Safari automatically removes the [url]http://[/url] prefix.

If you add a bookmarklet for the following it should work though.

code:
javascript:location.href='awful'+location.href

radge
Jan 21, 2005

The Dave posted:

Yeah we were looking for a way to keep unread counts dark blue even if you had thread coloring enabled. I believe we all decided to try this out:

It needs a way to differentiate read and unread threads like this.

Also incoming Awful 2 ~pro tip~:

If you stumble across a thread while in safari, you can easily open it in the app If you add a bookmark to Safari with the following.
code:

javascript:location.href='awful'+location.href

radge
Jan 21, 2005

The Dave posted:

I don't think you need the coloring of the bookmark to have an unread color state when you have the 0 staring you in the face. Less colors = More comprehension especially in real world use when you may not have perfect visibility of the screen.

Fair point. Maybe make the unread counts grey but leave the colours as is.

Alternatively, unread threads could be sorted first to save having to scroll through your bookmarks to find threads you still have to catch up on.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Kaethela posted:

Beta expires today! Any chance of a new build before that happens?

Pokeyman said he had submitted a new beta so presumably it's in Apples hands.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Getting the same issue with latest beta. Won't even let me install.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Latest beta works

radge
Jan 21, 2005

The latest beta seems to have issues when updating the unread posts count, particularly when going back from a thread to the bookmarks list.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

I'm getting the dark mode bottom bar when entering a thread in the latest beta even though I have dark mode disabled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radge
Jan 21, 2005

I like the x

• Locked thread