Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valencia
Feb 1, 2005

Cyril, go lock up the product before Cokie Monster here gobbles it all up.

:catdrugs:
I read all of the thread and I don't recall seeing anyone post about the issues I'm having, so hopefully this bug report will be helpful to someone. For a good while now, the app has been making GBS threads itself in image-heavy threads. I have several different problems related to image threads:

1) It seems to take a long time to load and display all of the pictures in a large thread, and eventually the app will give up and either display blank space, black space or partial images for certain pictures, as seen here:

2) Scrolling down through a thread, I get a bit down the page and then as it loads more images it will bump me back to the post it first loaded, and continue doing this several times until it finishes loading (or more likely not loading) all of the content.

3) Pressing and holding down to save an image to the camera roll results in a neverending pinwheel approximately 50% of the time.

It wouldn't be quite so annoying if the majority of threads I read to kill time on my lunch break weren't chock-full of images by design :(

Valencia fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valencia
Feb 1, 2005

IllegallySober posted:

I can't remember this being reported before (so thank you!) but I'm having the same issues as well.

Oddly enough, if I hold down on a blacked-out or partially loaded picture to load it in fullview, it usually brings up the entire image just fine (if it doesn't do the eternal pinwheel that is).

Valencia
Feb 1, 2005

Trip report with new app: opened a few image threads in PYF, images load almost instantaneously and GIFs don't take forever to load up. No longer experiencing the jumping-back-to-first-new-post issue either. Holy Jesus, it's wonderful :dance:

I haven't got to mess around with it too much yet, but so far my only gripe is that there's a good 3-4 second pause between pressing a thread and when it opens. Otherwise, loving amazing job you guys!

edit: The text in the Reply dialog box made me giggle too.

Valencia
Feb 1, 2005

After a longer browsing session, I have had a few black/unloaded pictures (though not nearly as many as before, and oddly enough in non-image-heavy threads), and I think one jumping-back-to-top instance. Still worlds better than what I was dealing with.

Also I do have a feature request- do you think one day we can get a "Copy image URL" option alongside "Save to Photos"? Sometimes I just want to send someone a link to an image (like say, a GIF) and to get the URL I have to open Quote, manually copy it out of the post, and click Cancel. Not super important but it would be nice someday :)

Valencia
Feb 1, 2005

Bug report: Can't paste URLs grabbed from the "Copy Image URL" button into Messages. At first I thought maybe it was having problems copying .gifs and not .jpgs, but I pasted into Notes and both links I tried worked fine.

Valencia
Feb 1, 2005

Posting to report that the bug where you can't paste copied photo URLs into Messages (but can everywhere else) is still happening. Otherwise everything else is peachy!

Valencia
Feb 1, 2005

Have a bug going where when swiping to get to the bookmarks/forum list, sometimes it will crash out and when I reopen it will take me back to the first thread I opened and not the last one I was reading (ie. read the Tasteless Tattoos thread, opened several threads after that, had 3 crashes and each time it took me back to the page of Tasteless Tattoos I started on). This is on a 5S with newest version of iOS 7.

Otherwise, looks good, great work!

Valencia
Feb 1, 2005

So I thought my eyes were going crazy at first, but I got a screenshot that proves that no, I was seeing right. In the MacinYOS theme, the text alternates back and forth between kinda blurry and clear to read. You can't really tell from the thumbnail, but if you blow it up you can notice the difference in the text between the post on top and the next post:

I guess it's alternating between aliased and anti-aliased? At first I was like "maybe this was supposed to be fuzzy all along as part of the theme and I was just holding my phone so far away that I didn't notice", but once I took a closer look I noticed that not only does it sometimes differ between posts, but I've also seen it switch back and forth between aliased/anti-aliased within the same post. 5S running stock 7.1 here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valencia
Feb 1, 2005

pokeyman posted:

I think you might be? Does it just not work at all, or does it seem to work if you long-press a bit above or below the link?

I'm having the same problem too. It's sporadic and no amount of trying in slightly different places works. I usually have to back out of the thread and load it again.

• Locked thread