Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Is there a 1.6? The latest version I can see in the App Store is 1.5.15, under Regular Berry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Diabolik900 posted:

That should be the latest version. The next version will be released as a new app under Pokeyman's account, but he's having one hell of a hard time getting it approved.

Oh, it said 1.7 was awaiting approval, so I was wondering if there was a 1.6 release somewhere.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Jump to first unread post is working now, which is great, but when said post is the start of a new page, it just shows the previous page with no posts.

And I kinda miss the option to load the last 1 or 2 read posts before the new posts. Gives me context when picking up a thread.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Chuck Bartowski posted:

You can just click the previous posts button. It works really well, keeps your place if you've just entered a thread and that way you can pick and choose which threads so you don't have to load more than you need all the time.

It loads the rest of the page though, so I'd prefer to be able to just load the last read post. Probably makes a difference when you left off at the 37th post of a page.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Oh nice, it posts successfully on iOS 7.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Are there any plans to fix the Leper's Colony? Whenever an entry has multiple paragraphs, an emoticon, or even italics, or anything else that isn't plain text, only the part at the end shows up. It's been like this for several versions, and I haven't seen anyone bring it up.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

pokeyman posted:

Yes, in the sense that I know it's broken and why. (The descriptions can have any HTML in them, which I didn't know at first, and we're not parsing HTML there.) Won't be fixed for awhile though.

In other words it can't be handled the same way as text in posts? Now I'm curious as to why everything before the last tag gets chopped off.

There's also the issue of it sitting on a loading screen forever when a link leads to a "Special Message From Senor Lowtax". I'm not sure if that will be easier to fix though.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

This may have been reported 10 times already, but whenever I touch a link to a post, it goes to the top of the page, so I have no idea which post is actually being referenced. I'm pretty sure this bug is new to this version, maybe the one before.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Anybody know what this completely empty "Apps In Developmental States" forum that only shows up in Awful.app under QCS is? I might ask in QCS, but I can't find any trace of it when viewing the forums in Safari.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Drastic Actions posted:

Apps In Developmental States is for forum app developers, so we can test making new posts and threads without having to use actual visible forums. I think the permissions to actually see it are on a per-user level, so you can't actually see the (high quality) threads in it. Really, you should not see it listed at all. For me, I only allow access to it when I have a debug build, so maybe something like that happened here? I don't know how they turn it on or off :shrug:.

As in something the SA admins set up? That was nice of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

I'm seeing SIGTRAP as the cause in the crash logs. Did somebody release this with some debugging code that wasn't removed/disabled?

• Locked thread