Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Love the update so far!

Just a little feedback - I updated the app using my phone on WiFi and could not get the app to start afterwards. It would show the title bar region at top, the main section empty, and the toolbar at the bottom (without icons), then crash back to the home screen. I tried resetting my phone but got the same result. Turns out deleting and reinstalling the app fixed this. Thought I'd post in case anyone else runs into this.

I'm running iOS 6.01 on an iPhone 3GS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I srarted getting this yesterday afternoon on my iPhone 6 and then it was fine. Started happening again this afternoon. I have it set to show bookmarks on startup which would work fine but going to the forums list crashed the app.

Force quit the app and now it doesn't load bookmarks, just briefly shows the main forums list and crashes.

Edit:

Posted the above from Safari and now the app is working fine :psyduck:

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 13, 2016

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bummey posted:

I'm an idiot baby still running a jailbroken 6+ on 8.1.2 firmware because I didn't feel like updating and losing the jailbreak or waiting for a new jailbreak and then I just sort of gave up on caring about things and now here I am with this dinosaur firmware. v:shobon:v

For the past two weeks the preview post page has been erroring out and doing the forums as a whole a favor by making it so I couldn't post from my phone. I turned off the preview option, but posting still wouldn't work. I just now deleted the app, reinstalled, and it won't recognize my password. Changed my password, still won't recognize it.

I should update my firmware and use a supported version of the app huh

This exact thing happened to me earlier this week. My iTunes/Apple ID got screwed up so I was running an old OS and a billion apps that needed updates.

Ended up having to create a new Apple ID and delete/reinstall every app on my phone. A pain but fixed my Awful App problem!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
This is a weird one. About half the time I rotate my phone to landscape orientation the app locks up and I have to kill the process.

iPhone 6, Awful App 3.2, IOS 10.2

Edit: Seems to happen if I rotate the phone right after refreshing a thread, from the main forum list it doesn't happen

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 14, 2017

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I had 8.2 GB :catstare:

After logging out and back in it's 48.2 MB so that's cool. The button in settings to delete the cache would be a great thing

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The app doesn't hang on switching orientation in bookmarks anymore as well! Thanks!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Krazyface posted:

Every now and then I get a bug where parts of the page are just pure black for a screen length or more. There are generally a few such spaces per page, at irregular intervals. The points where they start and stop have no relation to the posts, or the lines of text. This is on an iPhone 5, with dark mode enabled. After a few minutes of this, the app crashes back to the main screen, and when I go back in, it's on whatever page I started the last session on (although otherwise all my page views and bookmarks update appropriately). There doesn't seem to be any way to force the crashes, I just need to wait around a minute after finding a blank patch. Anyway, just now it happened again, with a new twist: the back button, and then the five buttons at the bottom of the screen all disappeared. They were still functional, just not visible.

Anyway this bug seriously sucks, every few days I'll load up the app and know, just KNOW, that it's going to crash soon, and in the meantime I just need to wait around and read the visible half of the thread.

Yeah, I've been getting this a lot lately. On my phone using the light mode I get blocks of gray.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Weird bug I noticed

Tap on a user's name on a post in a thread, then tap Profile

Tap Done to go back to the thread

Tapping on the user's name again does nothing

Current version of Awful version before today's update, iOS 10.3, iPhone 6

Edit: no longer happens after update!

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 28, 2017

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Crime on a Dime posted:

Anyone else getting pages half loading, refresh doesn't fix it and you have to kill/restart ? iPhone 7+ and iPad Pro

There is a known issue where a page will render with blank gray boxes in the middle of posts after which (for me) the app will soon crash. I run into this a lot, especially after reading image- or tweet-heavy threads

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Here's something that's been happening to me constantly. I'll open GBS or PYF and the thread will auto refresh. But a force pull down refresh will change the threads displayed and the number of threads displayed. Note the scroll bar indicator size.

Auto refresh:

After manual refresh:

It's not a huge deal but kind of a pain to have to manually refresh all the time.

Current iOS version, current app version, iPhone 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
What's this app icon thing you're discussing?

• Locked thread