Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Giggily posted:

This promo is what's especially gotten me excited for this show. The department is broken down into the Enforcers and Inspectors, and since the Enforcers have a high crime potential it's the job of the Inspectors to deal with any of them that get out of line. The majority of the cast are Enforcers, and Akane is an Inspector.

If this doesn't become a plot point I am gonna be so mad.

Plot point? It seems obvious that that's going to be Shinya and Akane's basic character dynamic. Clueless, rule-abiding newbie trying to keep maverick veteran in line - that's pretty standard for a cop show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Giggily posted:

It's more implied that the Inspectors are brought on board in part to kill Enforcers that get out of line, so it's a little bit darker than that.

Point. Well, this is Urobuchi.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

a kitten posted:

It was fun too since you could stick to walls and zoom all over the drat place, had a bunch of original animation as well.

Anyway, I've had this on my "to watch" list forever now and thought that since i'm trying out Funi's streaming again now was the time to give it a look. Anyway, I watched the first 4 episodes and have been enjoying it, but I just now realized that they are also streaming the newly repackaged version.:doh:

So, being as I'm only likely to watch a couple episodes a week anyway should I just watch the new version? Is it literally just two episodes stuck together per week or is it an entire re-edit?

It has extra scenes and cleaned-up animation, apparently.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm surprised by how neutral/positive the thread has generally been about this season. ANN's Hope Chapman has really been getting the knives out for it in her episode reviews.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Alder posted:

Never heard of that reviewer before but usually blogs write for a audience so there's more of a incentive to go to the extreme reactions than meh last episode was OK. I used to read anime review blogs but then I realised that I had more fun on forums instead.

Nah, ANN episode reviews are perfectly capable of giving a 'meh' reaction or acknowledging a series's pros and cons (in fact, they tend to be solid, reliable reviewers with a good eye for detail, excluding Theron Martin and Lauren Orsini), and Chapman is no exception. See her writeups on Vanadis for an example. In fact, she starts out cautiously optimistic on P-P S2 before becoming very much not.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

wielder posted:

I put Psycho-Pass 2 on hold so I can't really argue for or against her perspective. Yet it wouldn't be the first time that any of the ANN reviewers is either more negative or more positive towards a show than what seems to be normal around here. Chapman in particular tends to write some very interesting reviews, but there's no absolute guarantee people will like or dislike the same things she does, let alone to an equivalent degree. To use an unrelated example, I thought she was a little too generous with her justification of the pacing issues in Attack on Titan.

Certainly, but I'm kind of surprised that so few of the issues she brings up have been mentioned here at all, even in the sense of 'yeah, that's bad, but it's not a dealbreaker'. It's almost like she and this thread have been watching two different shows.

• Locked thread