Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
It was pretty interesting to watch this episode and see just how much the stuff with Makishima and Kougami changed Akane's attitude toward her job, not to mention learning the true nature of the Sibyl System. It was also interesting to see just how different she runs her team as compared to how the team was run under Ginoza. I'm not sure where her subordinate's character arc is going. She seems to like Akane on a personal level, but definitely not how she does things, likely because she doesn't know anything and Akane brushes her criticisms off with that reasoning.

One question I did have regarding the plot so far is regarding how Sibyl judges these outliers, who obviously do exist and were the main plot focus of season one. How did Sibyl explain these deficiencies in its judgment? Was Makishima a special case for Sibyl and they wanted him so that his criminal experience could be better used in the system? Considering how close he got to winning, I would think Sibyl not being able to properly judge dangerous criminals would be a major problem.

Could just be I'm forgetting some stuff that was explained in season one.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

The Mechanical Hand posted:

He's either with Kamui or Sibyl/the chief. That's for sure. Kamui is obsessed with people's numbers and hues. The chief mentions Togane's number is incredibly high, while Akane's is always VERY low even in the worst of circumstances. I feel like either the chief/Togane are doing some kind of study on her or trying to provoke her to get her out of the way. It *was* super shady when Togane said to Ginoza that it would "take a lot" for her number to rise.

On the other hand, Kamui and Togane might be working in a similar capacity, though not to get her out of the way but as a curiosity maybe?

One thing I'm liking about Tougane so far is that the show isn't even beginning to pretend he's anything but incredibly suspicious in pretty much every day. Pointing a Dominator at Akane, wandering off on his on after the incident, and that was just at the start of this episode. You have that conversation with Ginoza, and the OP clearly linking him to the Chief and Kougami somehow.

Usually with stuff like this, the plot would beat around the bush if the hardboiled veteran with a cool outfit and brusque attitude detective would be someone you can trust, but Psycho-Pass is putting all its cards on the table regarding what kind of guy he is.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
It's the mystery aspect that's doing it for me for this season. Every week leaves me wanting to know more about what's going on, which is why this last episode was probably my favorite of the season so far. It's a different beast than the first series, but it's still entertaining watching and always leaves me wanting to watch the next episode.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I have to say, I really enjoyed the Kogami talking down Akane scene. Especially watching this show in concert with the Extended Edition of the first series, despite himself, Kogami was an excellent influence on Akane's psyche. Even though Akane is still with the Sibyl System and Kogami couldn't be more wanted by the System if he tried, they definitely bring out the best in each other.

Excited to see how this all wraps up next week, but I'm also looking forward to how it ties into the movie.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Zahki posted:

They're a collective, they work like the Borg. Being assimilated into the collective presumably means they lose their individuality til they get to have a ride in the Chief robot.

I'm rewatching the first season now, and yeah, this is pretty much how it works as far as I understand it. When Sibyl was explaining itself to Akane, it was saying to her that all the brains in the system have "harmonized" with each other, such that they can pool their collective intellect as one system but their individual personalities have more or less vanished.

• Locked thread