Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

L-O-N posted:

Bought the American Blu-Ray, and the video quality is great, but I was saddened that the Katyusha scene isn't present. Is it present in the Japanese Blu-Ray?
Yes. Removed in US versions.

Also, I'm guessing you didn't notice the issue in ep1 where Sentai added black bars to the sides and cropped the other sides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Do the Japanese blurays have English subs coded or am I stuck owning a "Katyusha"-less disc?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

Do the Japanese blurays have English subs coded or am I stuck owning a "Katyusha"-less disc?
Japanese blurays do not have English subs but I'd still buy them before I bought Sentai's garbage release

e: another month, another post by me complaining about sentai filmworks

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I went to a con today and I picked these up

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk
ayyyyyy

e: oh hey my account is like a year old now

ScottyWired fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Feb 2, 2015

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

ScottyWired posted:

ayyyyyy

e: oh hey my account is like a year old now
I've been here for over a decade.

That is depressing.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Movie trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KucBfNDy41Y

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Woo! Saint Gloriana returns with some Crusader tanks to supplement their Churchill and Matildas.

Lord Superchrome
Aug 8, 2012
I'm super stoked. Here's what I hope to see in the movie:

• Tanks
  • Tank battles
  • Tank talk
  • Sensha-do
  • Doing your best
  • Katyusha

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Lord Superchrome posted:

I'm super stoked. Here's what I hope to see in the movie:

• Tanks
  • Tank battles
  • Tank talk
  • Sensha-do
  • Doing your best
  • Katyusha

i'm a little bummed, I thought we'd get all new teams and stuff. I really want to see the tanks the French and Vichy teams roll out

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Smoking Crow posted:

i'm a little bummed, I thought we'd get all new teams and stuff. I really want to see the tanks the French and Vichy teams roll out

Would be fun to see some Hotchkiss tanks and a Souma or two.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smoking Crow posted:

Maybe they're saving that stuff for a second season???????????

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I thought a second season was confirmed or something?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

In addition to the new trailer it was announced the movie will now be 120 minutes long, up from 90. Also it's opening November 21st so hope you weren't planning on watching it any time soon. BD in 2016 I guess.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
It's okay though we all know how GuP rolls, maybe it'll finish sometime in 2016 after a few filler movies.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk

CommissarMega posted:

I don't think it was confirmed, but Garupan is a total cash cow (it single-handedly jumpstarted the tourism industry in Oorai) so if we all keep buying overpriced merch they'll keep expanding the series. Probably.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ScottyWired posted:

I don't think it was confirmed, but Garupan is a total cash cow (it single-handedly jumpstarted the tourism industry in Oorai) so if we all keep buying overpriced merch they'll keep expanding the series. Probably.

C'mon people, Do Your Part!

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

A continuation of the anime was confirmed which turned out to be a movie.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I was serious about this, BTW. If you haven't at least bought all three different 38(t) kits, you clearly don't actually want this franchise to be successful.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

boom boom boom posted:

I was serious about this, BTW. If you haven't at least bought all three different 38(t) kits, you clearly don't actually want this franchise to be successful.

I've spent way more on GuP physical goods than any other series. You can't just get ONE of those figmas, that's not a full tank crew! Plus the Pit-Road non-scales are adorable looking.

Thank god the Yen is weak right now.

Daedalus1134 fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 18, 2015

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
So GuP is the new Gundam?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I actually have unopened cases of Type 89 and Montero model kits. It's a little expensive, and storage space is becoming an issue, but I'm doing my part to get more Girls und Panzer and Gundam Reconguista in G.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

boom boom boom posted:

I actually have unopened cases of Type 89 and Montero model kits. It's a little expensive, and storage space is becoming an issue, but I'm doing my part to get more Girls und Panzer and Gundam Reconguista in G.

Tbh, if I bought some tank models it would be a Tamiya and I'd just paint it up like a GuP tank

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smoking Crow posted:

Tbh, if I bought some tank models it would be a Tamiya and I'd just paint it up like a GuP tank

You'd give money to Lowtax for a GuP avatar, Give money to Tamiya for a knock-off GuP tank, but you won't actually give money to support GuP.

You're the worst kind of scum.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

boom boom boom posted:

You'd give money to Lowtax for a GuP avatar, Give money to Tamiya for a knock-off GuP tank, but you won't actually give money to support GuP.

You're the worst kind of scum.

Platz is knock off Tamiya

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Just watched the Anzio OVA. I love the carefree attitude of the school, and seeing the L3/35s running about as well as the P40s. While I love the Semovente 75/18s, I'm a little disappointed that they were the only representatives of the Fiat M13/40 family. Also, why didn't any of the L3s have the Solothurn 20mm rifle? It'd seem like the smart thing to do in a tank battle sport, and considering their force seems to be themed around Italy in North Africa, it'd make sense to have at least one or two.

Could totally see a GuP series focusing on Anzio that was about burning spirit and passion overcoming all obstacles.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
What's funny is that even though the bulk of Anzio's forces are useless because they're equipped with machine guns, they still manged to beat the French school

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

YF19pilot posted:

Just watched the Anzio OVA. I love the carefree attitude of the school, and seeing the L3/35s running about as well as the P40s. While I love the Semovente 75/18s, I'm a little disappointed that they were the only representatives of the Fiat M13/40 family. Also, why didn't any of the L3s have the Solothurn 20mm rifle? It'd seem like the smart thing to do in a tank battle sport, and considering their force seems to be themed around Italy in North Africa, it'd make sense to have at least one or two.

Could totally see a GuP series focusing on Anzio that was about burning spirit and passion overcoming all obstacles.

Anzio is ridiculously poor and can't afford top of the line Fiats

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Smoking Crow posted:

Well, most of their club budget goes into food, so... :italy:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Zettace posted:

What's funny is that even though the bulk of Anzio's forces are useless because they're equipped with machine guns, they still manged to beat the French school

The Semovente 75/18 still has quite the gun on it. Maybe Anzio's Solothurn equiped L3s were damaged in the fight with the French school and that's why they weren't present?

Smoking Crow posted:

I just wanted at least one school to be the anime representation of my favorite FoW army. :italy:

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

In case you wanted one of these plush tank shells from that event years ago ... keep looking. A company has announced an inflatable version though, and it brought friends:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00038039 (Pz. IV Ausf D)
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00038040 (Pz. IV Ausf H, StuG III, Hetzer)
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00038038 (Type 89)
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00038041 (Tiger I)
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00038042 (Tiger II)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
God help me, I want to back this.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im glad they're finally making a vn about me

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Of all the things wrong with that, for some reason this was the one that stuck out the most for me:

quote:

...World War II Main Battle Tanks.

I am desperately struggling with my inner sperg.

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014

Zettace posted:

Maybe the French were stuck with a lot of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_UE_Chenillette

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1i3FQzHhps&hd=1
New trailer for der film.

e: TL from ANN

quote:

Narrator: Two years after the TV series' moving finale, your battle begins now!
Text: Two years after the moving finale
Text: That was guided by fate
Text: A story of recapturing
Text: Verlaine's "Chanson d'automne"
Voice: "Les sanglots longs / Des violons / De l'automne"
Text: Encrypted communications
Text: Operation commences
Text: The biggest tank battle ever!!
Voice: Flowers can bloom anywhere
Text: Senshadō
Text: Nishi-zumi-ryū
Text: Successor
Text: Collapse
Voice: Fate is fickle
Text: A new enemy
Text: An ally?
Text: The fateful battle
Narrator & Voice: Girls und Panzer der Film
Narrator & Voice: Take back…
Text: Advance tickets & MovieTicket cards with illustrated clear file folders now on sale at participating theaters! 13 kinds for 1,500 yen [about US$12] each

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 7, 2015

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm so loving hyped

France is confirmed!!! i think

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
I dont see any French tanks, sorry. However, the new Gray tanks seem to be British Crusaders, that are pretty light and fast IRL.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Nine of Eight posted:

I dont see any French tanks, sorry. However, the new Gray tanks seem to be British Crusaders, that are pretty light and fast IRL.

I heard the French language and I got excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
When was the French? Maybe it was their pronunciation, but I didn't hear anything like it.

Still loving hyped though :flashfap:

• Locked thread