Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i thought the 40 minute ova was the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im glad they're finally making a vn about me

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

how are the ak subs? i'm not used to great quality from them

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

was Continuation High School mentioned before? i don't remember them at all. the battles were great. the non in-fight character stuff and story (why was the school even being closed again?) was mediocre like the show, though at least the character animation was vastly improved thanks to that movie budget and i loved the part where the sodokos slowly slid into debauchery

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

heads up, theres a sequel ova to the movie. in it the public morals girls continue their slow descent into becoming delinquents

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Can someone quickly sum up what GuP OVAs/movies etc there are? Any I should aviod? tia

theres a bunch of shorts which are inconsequential short fanservice stuff and contain extremely small amount of background fluff. there's a long OVA focusing on the skipped fight with anzio that is essential, then the movie which is of course essential and then a followup ova to the movie that's a short epilogue

watching order:
shorts>anzio>movie>movie ova

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

oh i forgot, but there's a bunch of ovas where yukari acts like a propagandists for (japanese) military equipment too and some recap ovas that are really not worth watching

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it had a bit of a troubled production

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

OddObserver posted:

Speaking of this, if I am not confusing the names, Clara's Russian is perfect while Nona has a clear accent. (So they did a good job with VA there).

clara's va is a russian woman
http://myanimelist.net/people/9673/Jenya_Davidyuk
nonna's va meanwhile is a known russophile who studied russian in college
http://myanimelist.net/people/14441/Sumire_Uesaka

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i highly suggest not getting a gup tank set as its just a normal one with a sticker thrown in, like most don't even have little figures of the girls to put in, just the normal guys you get with other tank sets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i would have appreciated a bit more of an introduction to the finnish team

• Locked thread