Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Well, the tank nerds did kinda save the team, even though it was on accident. :v: I also laughed entirely too much at the GODDAMNIT PORSCHE! :argh: moment. The best part is how one of the mechanics pops out of the commanders hatch, yells "Oh crap, not again!" and asks for a fire extinguisher.

And that is definitely Kelly's Heroes they're watching.

Magni fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think the only time I ever get annoyed is when it becomes difficult to actually figure out what is being said. Like with the Guderian quote this episode, something along the lines of strike swiftly and win or something?

"Nicht kleckern, klotzen" can best be translated along the lines of "Don't poke, punch!" IE, if you attack, do it with everything you can bring and don't hold back or dilute your strenght.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
They'll fire up another recap episode on Christmas and then it's done until March. IIRC, they're planning on 6 bonus OVAs, a few of which they'll release until then and the OST is coming this year.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Anime_Otaku posted:

6 OVAs? Hopefully they won't be as bad as the one for Upotte was, in fact, they could be giving all the teams a spotlight episode. If that happens the Historical team should be fun.

It's afaik all but confirmed that at least one will be the skipped battle against the italian school.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
But what cobbled-together tanks would Team Protagonist use? M60A2 Starship? M551 Sheridan? That crazy german tank destroyer prototype with twin 120mm guns?

Magni fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 20, 2012

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
IIRC, the single Tiger(P) that saw combat duty (as command tank of a battalion of Ferdinand/Elefant heavy tank destroyers) actually did end up with another 100mm of extra armor put on the front in the field.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Maybe the rules of the contest forbid them from making any drastic changes to the original tank design, else Saunders would have used their massive resources to put, I dunno, laser sights or the like on their tanks.

In any case, they're gonna show filler OVA episodes between Episode 10 and the finale, am I understanding that right? Why not show the original episodes in the first place? Or upload them to the 'net?

I think I've seen someone translate a couple rules from addittional material. Only stuff that was at least in the prototype stage by August '45 is allowed, any modifications have to be possible with stuff avaiabkle at the same date. Tanks have to receive additional protective equipment and those nifty white flags and all ammo is specifically made and supplied by the league.

They only put the episodes up on the net simultaneously with bringing them on TV and they couldn't buy any spots earlier than March. Well, the nice side is that they've got a lot of time to get the quality right for those last two episodes.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
There's also a manga that is getting translated by fan groups, though it's quite a bit slower than the show and not a 1:1 equivalent. (The manga skips the fight with the US school but does show the one with the Italians.)

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Well, I found a thing that might be related:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Poor Jagdpanther crew. They just fixed that track and then the troll Hetzer blows it off again. :D

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Artificer posted:

Didn't they have no tanks during WWII? So how would that work?

Well, they did have a single tank division. Of course, the tanks in that were former soviet tanks (lots of T-26 plus a couple T-28, T-34, KV-1 and a single ISU-152 during the Continuation War) plus a few StuGs bought from the Germans and some Vickers 6-ton tanks rearmed with soviet 45mm guns. Also, the unique BT-42: Captured BT-7 chassis with a newly-designed turret housing a british 4.5-inch howitzer.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

The Monkey Man posted:

Also, don't think too hard about why there were so many bombed-out buildings in the final match.

IIRC they actually did adress it in the supplementary materials.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Nine of Eight posted:

That being said, the Japanese did have some fun stuff that the experimented with and if the producers choose to hit the books they may have a team that could appear midly threatening. Oh who am I kidding it'll be Chi-Has everywhere.

Chi-Nu and Chi-To would be kinda nice. Too bad about the Chi-Ri and Ho-Ri never seeing more than an unfinished prototype, those would be actually pretty darn threatening. (Chi-Ri was an advanced medium tank with 75mm sloped frontal armor and a long 75mm gun based on an AA weapon. Basically a Chi-To with extra armor and a stronger engine. Extra comedy: It didn't have a hull-mounted machinegun but a hull-mounted 37mm anti-tank gun. Ho-Ri was an Elefant-style tank destroyer on the Chi-Ri chassis armed with IIRC a modifed 105mm coastal defense gun.)

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Anzio being established as the Party Hard/Give No Fucks school and all their tankette crews being Volleyball Team-levels of crazy determined really is the best thing. :allears:

Also, the reason why Anzio wasn't there at the finals. :v:

Magni fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 13, 2014

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
IIRC, the 3.2 tons are only for the last version of it and they're named as L/33s, so I guess it's anywhere between 2.7-3.2 tons.

ScottyWired posted:

Kuromorimine had a hard time dealing with a single speedy Hetzer, so imagine the poo poo Anzio could pull on them.

Wouldn't have taken a good end, but yeah.

Though I was (obviously) more talking about why they weren't among the spectators.

Magni fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 13, 2014

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Speaking of the little things making it awesome:

:allears:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Also, Momo's gunnery seems to have become even worse, to the point where she somehow actively breaks physics to make the shells leave the barrel sideways. During the first match she manages to dunk a shell into the ocean at an angle outside of the Hetzer's horizontal gun traverse while aiming a Darjeeling. :allears:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Desuwa posted:

The new characters were great too. Especially Rose Hip.

I've seen someone ask why Rose Hip is using a Crusader despite St. Gloriana having access to (even faster) Cromwells and Comets. I imagine it's because... well, if you look at the current sample of two matches and what she's done to that poor Crusader, would you want to give her a bigger, faster and more expensive tank? :haw:

(Also, she rigged a war emergency power setting for the Crusader that allows her to disengage the engine governor on the fly. Because of course she did.)

Magni fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 4, 2016

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
There's been subs out for the movie for like a week at least.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The movie really sold me on this series im gonna watch it all now

The series is really good, though the fights aren't as crazy and spectacular as the movie. Someone summed it up by describing the series as a sports anime with tanks while Der Film is more like a Wuxia movie with tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Knorth posted:

Yogurt, Count, Koala and Waffle sound like fantastic schools :3: also, Maple's emblem is cute

IIRC they're hungarian-, romanian-, ANZAC- and belgian-inspired, respectively. And Maple are canucks, of course.

Smoking Crow posted:

I want to see France and Vichy France

Maginot are early-war France. BC Freedom are both Vichy and Free France - their team is split in two and both halves can't stand each other. :allears:

Magni fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 5, 2016

• Locked thread