Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

The Blitzkrieg is here, and it is moe.

DAS PLOT
It is the year 20XX. Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan have emerged victorious from the Apocalyptic fires of the second World War, and have begun to put policies in place to create their ideal, Aryan world.

On the mobile re-education camp Oarai, High school girls compete in the martial art of "sensha-do": the use of WWII era tanks in ritual combat. It is an exercise in building feminine grace and nobility. The new transfer student, Miho Nishizumi, comes to the Oarai to avoid sensha-do, after hearing that the "school" had canceled its program due to lack of funding. However, upon her arrival, the student council president (implied to be the moe reincarnation of Adolf Hitler) announces that the program has been restarted and drafts Miho to the cause. With only a few friends and a couple of rickety old tanks, Miho must rebuild the fighting spirit of the "school" before the world sensha-do competition.

DIE CHARACTERS

Miho Nishizumi: a girl who has been sent to the Ooarai for reeducation, on account of her not liking tanks. She attempts to avoid sensha-do, but is drafted by the student council president because of her family's history with the art.

The Student Council President: Literally Hitler. Aided by the reincarnations of Himmler and Goebbels.

There are more characters, but they're cannon fodder and will probably die in the first five minutes of actual combat. Especially those girls in the M3 Lee. All six of them are going to die horribly because the Lee is so lovely- which brings me to a much more important subject...

DAS PANZERS

This is a Panzer IV early model. Renowned for being the workhorse of the Wehrmacht during the early years of WWII, this Panzer is equipped with a snub-nose gun for anti-infantry support. Kinda lovely against other armor. It is the lead tank of the Oarai's sensha-do team, and it's probably going to get more screen time than any other tank.

This is a Panzer 38t. It's actually a Czech tank that was used by the Wehrmacht during the first years of WWII. It's also a somewhat lovely tank.

This hot pink piece of poo poo right here is an M3 Lee, an American tank renowned for exploding when hit with a slight breeze. This massive tank seats six comfortably and has a front-mounted 75mm cannon and a turret mounted 37mm cannon. All the girls in this tank are going to die. Horribly.

This is a Type 89. Like all Japanese tanks of World War II, it has thin armor and is rather useless in armored combat because of its small weapons and poor performance.

This motherfucker right here is a Panzer III STUG. It's not a tank. It's a tank destroyer. That's right, they had to create a whole new category for the STUG because it is just that awesome. Out of all the tanks at Oarai, this is the one that will kick the most rear end. You don't choose the STUG life. It chooses you. And high school girls.

DAS QUESTION UND ANSWER

Isn't this just moe garbage?

Yes. Embrace it.

Is all of that stuff you said about the plot true?

Enough of it.

Where can I find this miracle of nature?

Crunchyroll is streaming it.

What's with all the lovely German you've been writing?

It gets you in the spirit of things. This is, after all, World of Tanks: The Anime.

:siren:ACHTUNG!:siren:

If you watch this show seriously I will laugh at you.

Edit: Also, In case this wasn't clear, the OP is not serious. the show is about girls and tanks. That's about it.

Triggerhappypilot fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Well drat, I need to watch this. Is it wrong it I'm more :swoon: over the tanks than the girls, though?

It is the only way to watch this show.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Biggie Shorty posted:

That opening scene was pretty sweet, but the stuff after that almost put me in a coma also a town created on a giant supercarrier? bwuuuuuh?!

:pseudo: A mobile reeducation camp!

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Lotish posted:

So, uh, the premise of WW2 lasting for decades and decades until finally the Reich and Imperial Japan won sounds kind of interesting. Was there never an atomic bomb in this history? This concept is wasted on moe.

I may have slightly exaggerated the premise of the show in order to rationalize it.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Everything I've seen so far confirms that this is indeed a mobile re-education camp.
I mean, where else would you have a store exclusively dedicated to Panzer and Panzer Accessories?

Also, It's good to see that the crew of the M3 Lee are completely clueless. They are going to die.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

The M3 Lee's only significant action so far: getting tracked and exploding for no reason.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

lodoubt posted:

I just can't see us getting a late addition to the lineup unless it's some kind of bizarre, crew minimal tankette operated by two people. In which case it wouldn't solve any of their weaknesses as a tank platoon.

Try a (manga spoilers)Char B1. How's that for a tankette?

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Zettace posted:

Apparently, this show's reason for the carriers is that they can't live on land for some reason anymore.

They can't live on land due to the radiation left over from the nuclear firestorms.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Momo's reply to the surrender ultimatum: Nuts!
It's the little touches that make this show great.

Also, holy gently caress at that Katyusha. That was an unexpected display of awesome.

Way to not take command, Miho. You KNEW it was a trap and still let yourself get surrounded. You just turned it into Stalingrad Mk. II.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Guyver posted:

We don't. Recaps generally mean there's been some kind of problem with the production and the work is getting backed up.

My guess is that they're either changing the ending (because this poo poo is selling like hotcakes and they want a second season) or another animator rebelled against the director and put a panty shot in.

It's the second, isn't it.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

Wait, an animator did that in the past? When did that happen?

That's the reason why episode 6 was delayed. We suspect.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

So... why is Anzu literally Hitler?

Because Oorai needs Lebensgeld.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Wind Tempest posted:

Is there a reason why they didn't put the original Panzer IV's cannon on the Type 89? I don't think I see that gun anywhere and giving the Type 89 something that can actually do some damage would be nice, similarly aside from having an extra body on the field why are they still using it?

That thing wouldn't even fit in the turret, let alone the standard mountings being completely different.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Oh god, I knew it was coming and yet I still was in tears.

1080 ULTIMATE KICKFLIP PANZER DRIFT
(crits for max damage)

and good lord, that Maus takedown was pretty much WoT in a nutshell.

Well, here's hoping for another season.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Reis posted:

Wait a minute, are the history buffs doing "Little Women?"

They're doing an extremely condensed version of it.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Man, this show hasn't lost its charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Twiddy posted:

Can I just say that I love how we still use the thread title from 4 years ago that was based on joking fan speculation from Episode 1? Also this movie is amazing.

man i was wrong as hell about this show

• Locked thread