Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Crunchyroll has an article up showing the real life locations from the anime and someone's attempt a replicating the cakes which are... okay I guess.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/11/07/girls-und-panzer-locations-and-cakes-in-real-life

Got to say I think I'll most likely keep following this. Does anyone know if it has a definite number of episodes it's scheduled for or will it be ongoing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I kind of feel like the "Anzu is literally Hitler" thing may be right since things went a bit Operation Barbarosa on them after she decided to over ride Miho's plan.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Artificer posted:

That's weird as hell and I love it. I'd buy the hell out of green tea kit kats. :(

Go on a site called J-list, they sell them.
Anyway, is this the series now basically done until March? Hope that they do actually get a second season, though I do wonder what they'll do plot wise for it since they are second years they won't be moving off to college or whatever else they might do. I suppose it depends how fast time is going by, the tournament might be only a couple of weeks long and it seemed to kick off early in the school year.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
6 OVAs? Hopefully they won't be as bad as the one for Upotte was, in fact, they could be giving all the teams a spotlight episode. If that happens the Historical team should be fun.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 20, 2012

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
If this was a shonen anime the *might* have just finished the Saunders match at this point. :D

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
So the first OVA is out, it's a "let's buy swimsuits" episode so it's not great though there are a few amusing bits like Yukari's opinion on swimwear and some stuff with the other teams.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Don't real life dogfighting schools have planes release smoke when they get a hit?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

The Monkey Man posted:

Also, don't think too hard about why there were so many bombed-out buildings in the final match.

The match takes place at the JGSDF tank training grounds, presumably it's meant to be like that to train for urban combat.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
If they do a second season with an international tournament between school teams I kinda hope they also do an International tournament with National teams , essentally the team would be Owarai plus:
Maho and Erika in the Tiger, maybe Jagdpanzer-chan
Darjeeling, Orange Pokoe and Assam in the Matilda
Kei in a Sherman (I think) if Alice was with them she'd be radio operator for Kei so she can keep an eye on her and Naomi's Firefly
Katyusha in an IS-8, Nonna in whatever she used to flip the student council's tank

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 25, 2013

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I had meant for Jagdpanzer-chan to stay in her machine, but upgrading to the Ferdinand or Elefant could be good.
Darjeeling in a Centurion might be good, reason I put them in the Matilda is that in the skirmish match that's what she was in and the rest of the team that we saw was all Churchills

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Plushy StuG, preferably reversible so it can be the normal colour or the colour scheme from the St Gloriana match.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Wonder if that means Anzio will be full length, or at least more than 12 minutes?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Nah she'll try to take out Miho in an attempt to save the juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Have I missed other references in the Series or OVA's? I know Kelly's Heroes came up a few times in the series and a Monty Python sketch was used in the Beach OVA.

• Locked thread