Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Haha, holy poo poo, they are using live ammo on their first exercise! If they keep ramping it up like that it's going to be glorious!

I mean, I knew I was in for a treat when the instructor airdropped inside a tank and wrecked the principal's car, but I didn't know it would come so soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I hate to do this thing for a show about high-school girls fighting each other with WW2 era tanks on top of a supercarrier, and to be honest my only experience with war machines is Vietnam-era artillery, but couldn't their rounds be just training shells with just enough propellant to get them to their target instead of penetrating it?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Aw man, I love how this show is reveling in its absurd premise. I was honestly expecting this to be "cute girls doing cute this and there is also a tank in the background", but the writers have pulled all the stops and just rolling with it like a panzer over some soft infantry positions.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Zettace posted:

Apparently the tournament matches are 10 versus 10. This puts the main characters at a disadvantage with only 5 tanks. I wonder if the cast will increase or the other teams won't use 10 tanks.

It's an anime. They are going to win due to their clever plans, determination and cakeBurning Spirit.

The infiltration operation in this episode was amazing :ninja:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

And she also had time during her escape to [spoiler]edit the footage and add credits and opening titles[/spoilers].

This show is genuinely funny.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Which is really key to its success, if it was just K-On with Tanks I don't think it would have nearly the outreach it currently has (as there's better K-On clones already); that and its genuinely funny.

What I Watched: Girls und Panzer
What I Expected: K-On! with Tanks
What I Got: Tanks with K-On!

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Zettace posted:

Wow. They hyped up the Italian school but Ourai destroyed them within 5 seconds. That was really surprising.

Well, they did bring tankettes to a tank fight.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Am I the only one who honestly wanted the Pravda team to win after listening to them sing? Those girls must have put so much effort! Even Stalin-chan didn't look like an enormous jerk when she was singing. Why does it have to be just one winner in this tournament?

WarPanzerfahren is Hell :qq:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

You know, I am glad they chose Katyusha for Pravda's song, but if they wanted to be really :spergin: about it then they should have chosen a song that was written specifically for Soviet tankmen

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

DarciisFyer posted:

For my part, I have a hard time finding much of the show moe at all.

Well, the first episode was moe as gently caress, and if it wasn't for Commie's troll subs I would have probably given up on it. But yeah, right now the only "moe" elements of the show are there to punctuate the absurdity of the whole premise.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

You go a bit back, switch to the NoFunAllowed track, say "ah, ok, now my Anime experience is complete", and then go back to the ubermensch subs.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

If this was a shonen battle instead of a sports anime, I wouldn't have settled for anything less than the Ratte.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Isn't that basically JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Look at those losers and their hugging pillows. I can have sex with any real tank I want :smuggo:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Amstrad posted:

Well if anything good can be said about Black Forest having a Maus is at least it wasn't a Ratte!

C'mon, it's a sports anime, not a shounen show

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Watching the Oarai team take down the Maus was the best thing that ever happened to me.

And to think that I almost dismissed the series because of how bland the first episode was. Well played, anime, well played.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

History Club spin-off.

I'm just sayin'

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

Pity that the video uses some lovely cover version of Hell march. Haven't they ever played Red Alert?! http://open.spotify.com/track/6Yyt7aFBMAxp0Eqzb1XGtl

Just in case you are not being sarcastic (I would definitely be, that version is the worst one), it's Hell March 2 from Red Alert 2.

Hell March 1 would be best, but I would be just as happy with Hell March 3.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

The most dignified anime figurine collection.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

That was the spergiest 15 minutes of my life, and I have even played DnD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I lost it at "Duce". This will be amazing.

• Locked thread