Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Super excited for the new OVA, even if it won't have Katyusha in it. (I still hope it does! :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Does it ever explain why little girls have to drive the tanks instead of, you know, adults

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Kanos posted:

Did it ever explain why schools are on gigantic aircraft carriers complete with their own miniature economies instead of on land?

I think it mentioned something about like "the war" causing school ships to be necessary which begs the question, what happened in the world of Girls und Panzer?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ScottyWired posted:

Step aside pushovers.

There is no conclusive backstory. Simple. Senshadou/Panzerfahren/Tankery and the school ships are explicitly stated as being developed and constructed- not adapted from real tanks and warships. There are efforts to say that Tankery is different from war. It's also stated that the Leopon was a failure of a weapon, implying it was used in real war. They straight up say that it's weird for a man to drive a tank despite making references to the heroic tactics of Rommel and Guderian. The JSDF is also a thing, with new tanks being developed such as the instructor's Type 10, but only vehicles before 1945 can participate in the national tournament (for the Japanese league at least). Any attempt to make a singular timeline is an exercise in futility.

I just pray that this franchise extends well into the next decade and we get some in-depth lore going.

Yes, i look forward to the day when there is a gritty reboot where the girls are in real war against real russia and katyusha has to make a hard choice of who to fight for

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

One question, do you think it will ever be possible to play the Vita game in English? Is it text heavy in case I want to import it?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Fauxtool posted:

its very easy to play without knowing japanese. Its a lovely game though

BUT WHAT IF IT HAS LORE IM MISSING

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Zettace posted:

Italian team is the best team.

I politely disagree

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Zettace posted:

Nah, they're the true underdog team with half their tanks not even being able to penetrate the Type 89 and even then they managed to make it to the second round.

Also their team is just so happy.

I don't think that's a spoiler, that's just lovely Italian engineering.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Kanos posted:

The American club going crazy over cheapie Shermans made sense because they fielded a hojillion of them and the protagonists having a bunch of hodgepodge junkheap light tanks makes sense because their club was basically dead in the water, but why on earth would someone decide to consciously build a club around Italian tanks?

Anchovy really wanted to be Il Duce

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

aers posted:

Watched the OVA its really fuckin good guys

Thanks call me when it's in English

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Dr Pepper posted:

It's a sport, no different then a high school having a baseball team.

But it's a war machine

There aren't high school artillery teams

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

tonberrytoby posted:

But there are archery and sword-fighting teams.
And I think in some countries there are even gun shooting teams.

But in those you don't shoot at each other

everyone in tankery could die in an instant i don't care how much they hand wave it

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

My one hope for the GuP movie is that Saori finally gets a boyfriend

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I laughed a lot when Anzio slept through the final because everyone was hung over. haha

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is that a doujin or a canon release?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

so does this movie exist or what

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Also good Caesar Art:

SPQO

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Anzio is the seventh OVA.

THEY'RE ALL GOOD AND SHOULD BE WATCHED

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

moosecow333 posted:

I would like to see an infograph of just how many people this show has pushed to start, or re-start, World of Tanks.

It inspired me to save up and buy a tank

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Do the Japanese blurays have English subs coded or am I stuck owning a "Katyusha"-less disc?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I went to a con today and I picked these up

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Lord Superchrome posted:

I'm super stoked. Here's what I hope to see in the movie:

• Tanks
  • Tank battles
  • Tank talk
  • Sensha-do
  • Doing your best
  • Katyusha

i'm a little bummed, I thought we'd get all new teams and stuff. I really want to see the tanks the French and Vichy teams roll out

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

boom boom boom posted:

I actually have unopened cases of Type 89 and Montero model kits. It's a little expensive, and storage space is becoming an issue, but I'm doing my part to get more Girls und Panzer and Gundam Reconguista in G.

Tbh, if I bought some tank models it would be a Tamiya and I'd just paint it up like a GuP tank

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

boom boom boom posted:

You'd give money to Lowtax for a GuP avatar, Give money to Tamiya for a knock-off GuP tank, but you won't actually give money to support GuP.

You're the worst kind of scum.

Platz is knock off Tamiya

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

YF19pilot posted:

Just watched the Anzio OVA. I love the carefree attitude of the school, and seeing the L3/35s running about as well as the P40s. While I love the Semovente 75/18s, I'm a little disappointed that they were the only representatives of the Fiat M13/40 family. Also, why didn't any of the L3s have the Solothurn 20mm rifle? It'd seem like the smart thing to do in a tank battle sport, and considering their force seems to be themed around Italy in North Africa, it'd make sense to have at least one or two.

Could totally see a GuP series focusing on Anzio that was about burning spirit and passion overcoming all obstacles.

Anzio is ridiculously poor and can't afford top of the line Fiats

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm so loving hyped

France is confirmed!!! i think

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Nine of Eight posted:

I dont see any French tanks, sorry. However, the new Gray tanks seem to be British Crusaders, that are pretty light and fast IRL.

I heard the French language and I got excited

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I watched der film, and it was alright. The battles were good, the new characters were good, I just wish there was more character time. I want to see more of Klara and continuation, or how Anchovy and Darjeeling interact with each other. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait until season 2 for that

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

are dulcimers a big thing in finland or what

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I want to see France and Vichy France

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Finland is mysterious

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Ka0 posted:

Are we ever going to rename the hilariously inaccurate thread title.

i'll make a new thread when season 2 comes out

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

K. Flaps posted:

Make a new thread now, because if someone gets interested in this show and starts reading the first pages of this thread, they'll be hit with super potent Zorak-era mega AIDS.

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

here's your new thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779113

• Locked thread