Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
No the movie is a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smoking Crow posted:

i'm a little bummed, I thought we'd get all new teams and stuff. I really want to see the tanks the French and Vichy teams roll out

Maybe they're saving that stuff for a second season???????????

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ScottyWired posted:

I don't think it was confirmed, but Garupan is a total cash cow (it single-handedly jumpstarted the tourism industry in Oorai) so if we all keep buying overpriced merch they'll keep expanding the series. Probably.

C'mon people, Do Your Part!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I was serious about this, BTW. If you haven't at least bought all three different 38(t) kits, you clearly don't actually want this franchise to be successful.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I actually have unopened cases of Type 89 and Montero model kits. It's a little expensive, and storage space is becoming an issue, but I'm doing my part to get more Girls und Panzer and Gundam Reconguista in G.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smoking Crow posted:

Tbh, if I bought some tank models it would be a Tamiya and I'd just paint it up like a GuP tank

You'd give money to Lowtax for a GuP avatar, Give money to Tamiya for a knock-off GuP tank, but you won't actually give money to support GuP.

You're the worst kind of scum.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
You can now pre-order 1/1 scale inflatable tank shells from the show. They come with stickers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I read the Prequel manga, Girls und Panzer Little Army. It's kind of terrible. Almost no tanks, just a lot of repetitive drama. There's one tank match in the whole two volume series. The rest is just, "oh no, *character* wants to stop doing tanks! oh nevermind." And then they do it again, sometimes with a different character. And remember in the series how Miho learns she doesn't have to do tanks like her family, she can have her own style of tank combat based on friendship? Yeah, she didn't really have to learn that, because she decided that a few years earlier. I guess she just forgot.

• Locked thread