Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Monkey Man posted:

I just watched the raw of the 3rd OVA. It's quite talky, so I didn't understand much, but the Anglerfish team walks around the inside of the school ship, and apparently, school ships have been around since ancient times.

And then they go to a hot spring at the end.

What would you like to see in a second season? I'd like it to be a 2-cour season, so they could have regular season matches where they don't have to win, and so they can focus on some of the tank crews that didn't get much screen time.

I'd like to see some shorts with the three judges (A, B, and C) and maybe some more of the Nishizumi family. Practice skirmishes with only the team might be a chance for more individuality with the ensemble. Also having them operate each others' tanks for practice or during a match would be an amusing sight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Artificer posted:

Perhaps not, then.

If you can get past the fanservice, it's pretty decent. Again, If. The manga is a touch better about the fanservice though if I remember correctly and it's a decent read.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

A month away...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The set-piece battles are the best yet. There are subs out too. My favorite has to be Continuation's fight and the music that it was set to. The finale fight was tense as gently caress though.

All of the old favorites from the various teams as well as two new High schools and two new girls for preexisting high schools.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

was Continuation High School mentioned before? i don't remember them at all. the battles were great. the non in-fight character stuff and story (why was the school even being closed again?) was mediocre like the show, though at least the character animation was vastly improved thanks to that movie budget and i loved the part where the sodokos slowly slid into debauchery

Continuation was in the tournament and lost to Black Forest. Chihatan did the same too.

Very much would like to see a Continuation versus Pravda match. Mostly for the historical context.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

it had a bit of a troubled production

The studio that did GuP got parodied in Shirobako which was amusing in its own right. As far as other content, there's also the audio dramas and spin-off manga

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

As I watched more of the film, I became increasingly cool with the Continuation team just being really loving weird, inexplicable, and badass. I feel that their presence should be kept to a minimum from now onwards to preserve that air of mystery.

Given the they're Finland, their whole shtick should be clowning people who would underestimate them through off-the-wall tactics and risky maneuvers. Kinda like Oorai actually.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
As hobo as they are, they did make it past the first round of the tournament in the anime after beating the, as yet unrevealed, Blue Division High School (supposedly base on Spain) before losing to Black Forest so it's not as though they are utterly without their own tanks and drivers, it's just that theirs were probably not going to be up for the fight against the Uni team. It would be amusing just to see how other teams like Anzio and Pravda handle them. Anzio would find a load of missing pasta while Katyusha would be left fuming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

galagazombie posted:

I think they're the subject of one of the mangas

They're in a spin off manga that focuses on them. Bonple shows up in Ribbon Warrior with their commander Jajka.

Hadaka Apron posted:

Gregor must be Czechoslovakia, since it's a reference to Kafka's Metamorphosis.

Gregor is also a common Czech name and one of the alternate theories is that it's a reference to a Czech Tank commander

• Locked thread