Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

moosecow333 posted:

A friend recommended me this anime on the grounds that I've written my dissertation on World War II tanks, and he wanted to see my response to the show (I also never watch anime, so I guess he figured this would be a good way for me to cut my teeth)

I started it up expecting to spend the first two episodes tearing into it and then stopping, but two days later I've finished the entire thing. I have to say I am very impressed with what they managed to pull of with this show and I think I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for another season or something.

I was really worried that the tanks would stay as... 'stylized' as they were in the first battle, but I'm really glad that they reverted them back to their original paint schemes.

(History Team really is the best team)

If you still want more I recommend the fourth OVA (Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu! / This is the Real Anzio Battle!). It shows their fight with the italian team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Anzio is the seventh OVA.

poo poo I'm missing a ton of them then.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Pretty much everything GuP is available from /ak/'s wiki.

(Btw what's the policy on linking to subs and scanlations? I don't recall seeing anything about it in the FAQ but I might be missing something critical)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Right, I'm blind.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 20, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The skit with the Panzer Rangers was pretty gold as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue4S0TAzFXU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Darth Walrus posted:

As I watched more of the film, I became increasingly cool with the Continuation team just being really loving weird, inexplicable, and badass. I feel that their presence should be kept to a minimum from now onwards to preserve that air of mystery.
They're totally ridiculous. The instrument she carries? She uses it as loving sonar. It's how she could call shots and evasion without even looking.

Zettace posted:

I like how the Finnish team are the only team to not have tanking jackets/uniforms. They just wear their schools sweatsuits. Combined with how they apparently stole a KV-1 from Pravda, it seems their tank program is strapped for funds, just like WWII Finland :v:
They're hobo as gently caress.

Here's a summary of their audio drama.

/a/ posted:

>Continuation's sound drama
>Mika alone ate all the rations they stole from the university team
>so they had to fish for food on the way back

>Talking about their tanks
>But our tank is damaged
>Mika: We just have to fix it
>What if we can't?
>Mika: The northern wind will bring us some (new tanks)
>Oh man, Pravda sure was generous when they lent us the KV-1
[Remember how someone pointed out that in-universe article about Pravda demanding its tank back from Continuation?]

>they ended up on an uninhabited island
>and the boat broke down
>"Maybe they'll(the school) will come look for us after half a year"
-2ºC is 'pretty warm'. And Mika is apparently a food ninja, capable of eating a ton with nobody noticing.

Other audio dramas:
Pravda (VAs show off their Russian and Klara and Nonna show off their Katyusha obsession. The second part is the same but with the russian replaced with japanese)
St. Gloriana (Haven't read it yet)

Oh, and here's the semi-official map of the various schools and their respective prefectures.

It's from the GuP Gallery in RL Ooarai. (Translated ofc)

Kyte fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jun 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's not like they dock all the time. Presumably they just borrow a nearby one.

• Locked thread