Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jintor
May 19, 2014

Finally got around to watching the Anzio OVA. Good OVA. Made me kind of want to rewatch the whole series. Maybe later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jintor
May 19, 2014

just watched the movie. incredible stuff. plot dumb as bricks but whooooo caaaaaares we got tanks to fight

Jintor
May 19, 2014

nobody expects the finnish

Jintor
May 19, 2014

also their tiny baby tanks are just adorable!

/edit actually watching their part in the battle all I could think about was Robot Wars

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Davincie posted:

clara's va is a russian woman
http://myanimelist.net/people/9673/Jenya_Davidyuk
nonna's va meanwhile is a known russophile who studied russian in college
http://myanimelist.net/people/14441/Sumire_Uesaka

i love love love whenever shows bother to get the language stuff right.

my pet peeve is characters who are fluent in a language but the VAs clearly are not. shoutouts to genshiken :(

i mean, yeah, I get it. poo poo's hard to find sometimes and your choices are limited. By by god it's so good when it's done right!

Jintor
May 19, 2014

gonna watch the movie ova tonight and then rewatch the entire series i guess?

Jintor
May 19, 2014

well i rewatched all of GuP and the Anzio and read the 4koma and the Motto Motto Love spinoffs and I'm probably going to rewatch the movie again?!?!?

the only downside was restarting the experience meant the CG really sucked at the beginning and the dramatic action shots weren't as dramatic as, well, the super expensive movie which I will probably rewatch and then put away so I can do those other things I need to do

man this franchise is good. If i had more time I would seriously consider getting a model kit or something.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

i dunno about that cat specifically, but mako gets a lot of cat comparisons.

duce anchovy also has a total plain girl disguise which I think is hilarious

anyway i rewatched the movie just to wrap up my GuP binge and I realised a few things from that first match:

- The japanese newbie picks up the ambush techniques because Duck team gets her to help out ambushing a Matilda
- Momo's aim is so atrocious that instead of hitting the two targets (Gloriana's flag tank and Katyusha) directly in front of her she shoots 45 degrees off-angle and accidentally blasts Rosehip's crusader out of the air for her first kill EVER
- Katyusha deliberately uses herself to block Anglerfish's killshot which would've taken out the flag tank.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

if we ever get an anzac team on-camera i will flip.

japanese aussie/new zealander stereotypes will be amazing. crocodiles for days.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

I read that Magnoit Line spinoff manga because... uh... reasons. It wasn't too bad. Pretty much a hidden practice battle between Oorai's match with St. Gloriana and the official start of the Tournament.

They focus enough on Magnoit that I was actually a bit divided on who I wanted to win, which was kind of interesting. Definitely one of the more interesting schools... but also another of the povo schools for various reasons.

Also a lot of tank action in it which is nice. Manga is not as cool about making sure you know what's happening as the show is though :(

---

It also serves as a more explicit redemption for Rabbit Team for abandoning their tank in the St. Gloriana match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jintor
May 19, 2014

where's my space battleships version of galpan's glorious action sequences

/edit it's been said before but reading from the first page to the most recent where the general mood shifts from 'this is the worst thing ever made i can't wait to see the trainwreck' to "gently caress YES OORAI TAAAAANKS" is a really great feeling

Jintor fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jun 6, 2016

• Locked thread