Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Haven't watched this yet, but I guess my hopes are dashed for them showing how breakdown prone these WW2 tanks were. I want them to drink tea and eat cake after a hard day of tearing down and rebuilding a tank engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Nine of Eight posted:

Well, all of the stuff we've seen so far is early war stuff, while the main character's big sister uses a Tiger tank; clearly late war land yatches are in the senior high schooler division.

They'll flashback to Elementry school and have the girls rumbling around in one of these.

Or god help them one of these.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Watched all the episodes so far, and its a lot better then i thought it would be. I am just waiting for them to break out the Russian tanks or maybe get one of their own, hopefully a T-35.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Raenir Salazar posted:

WWII era tanks had absolutely no ability to fire accurately on the move and every thing I read about it places emphasis on the need to stop first before firing. Its hideously inaccurate even in World of Tanks where you have mouse muscle memory to help narrow it down a little. The Sherman I think had a gun stabilizer installed mid war that could allow it to fire more accurately when on the move within 15 degrees but most had it disabled for some reason.

Since 95% of the shots this episode have been while moving its perfectly Myth Busters level plausible.

I'm actually surprised as well at how much action we've been getting, they have their character pacing moments of wandering our town or talking in their room but its been a large chunk.

If I remember right, the crews didn't like it due to the fact when they were going over rough terrain the gun would be moving up and down to keep the gun stable, while all the the crew in the turret might be bouncing around into its path. I'd hate to get smacked by the breach of a gun while in tight confines like that.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

Think the creepy Firefly gunner was a reference to a famous American tanker? 'Cos she felt like she should be.

Hey she wasn't creepy, I thought she was kinda cute. And I don't think she'd be a reference to an American tanker, since all Fireflys were operated by British Commonwealth forces.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Zettace posted:

Wow. They hyped up the Italian school but Ourai destroyed them within 5 seconds. That was really surprising.

I am now really expecting a T-35 to show up since they found a Char B1 bis wacky tanks just go together you know.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Before this is over I better god damned well see a T-35. I don't care if its a two second shot of it broken down in a field, I wanna see that wacky tank.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Raenir Salazar posted:

How come they never refitted the Tiger production lines to give it slopped armor?

Why would they make such a radical change to the production of a tank that was very successful after its initial teething problems? During the middle of a war when they hadn't yet even hit they're month production goals? When they already were designing and building its successor, the Tiger 2 and Panther who featured sloped armor and guns just as good or better?

ElBrak fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

That be a great tank to show in the anime, if I remember right the TOG II didn't feature any sort of suspension system, the road wheels were mounted directly to the body. I could be wrong though, they might of tried that in the TOG I only and changed it for the TOG II.

• Locked thread