Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
I thought this show was going to make me angry over historical inaccuracies, but I am actually really enjoying it. That's not to say there aren't a lot of questionable things 7.5 cm KwK 40 failing to penetrate the rear of a early war Panzer IV but the show's strengths seem to outweigh them. It is even managing to stay away making the anime all weird and fanservicey, and is making me wish other shows (I'm looking at you strike witches) could have followed a similar route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

Rexides posted:

I hate to do this thing for a show about high-school girls fighting each other with WW2 era tanks on top of a supercarrier, and to be honest my only experience with war machines is Vietnam-era artillery, but couldn't their rounds be just training shells with just enough propellant to get them to their target instead of penetrating it?

Yes, but what would be the point have having different types of tanks then? Well I guess it's a sport for girls, so that's like asking a woman why she has 17 different types of sandals.

edit: Having the different tanks be more of a fashion choice, and have no impact on their effectiveness would be glorious, just for the amount of rage it would cause.

SerCypher fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Oct 29, 2012

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

tonberrytoby posted:

Wow this show moves fast. Each of those subplots would have taken several episodes in normal anime.

But the really crazy thing is the background setting. WTF is going on in this world. Every show would be good if it played a setting that crazy that straight.

Yeah the little things like the guy being happy his shop was destroyed really make this crazy tank girls concept actually sort of make sense. We'll see how it develops from here though.

Also on the accuracy thing, playing World of Tanks is one thing, but these are people with no experience moving turrets with WWII controls.

edit: words.

SerCypher fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 31, 2012

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

This show just keeps getting better and better, even the tanks crews that seemed boring at first are being given a lot of characterization.

For anyone on the fence this show rules, the choice of High School girls piloting tanks seems more to be about how ridiculous that is, not about fan service or being moe.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

ArchangeI posted:

"Okay, so why are the Girls driving tanks?"
"Because it is a sport. It is also very girly. They are also living on a giant aircraft carrier."
"Sounds good."

I still love how the reason all schools are on Aircraft carriers is essentially "idk lol" :v:

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just loved how incredibly excited everyone was the entire episode. Somehow it felt less like a creepy fan-service episode and more the teams just having a really fun time :3:.

The panther/panzer thing made me laugh for some reason, and everyone saying frilly frilly over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

Amstrad posted:

I'm happy to see that Monty Python made it to the Japanese.

Sometimes I wonder who they are writing this show for. That is a pretty obscure reference even in America. Maybe Monty Python is just super popular over there.

• Locked thread