Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
A couple of well-timed YouTube recommendations have put me on a flatbread/skilletbread(?) kick. Anyone have a favorite type of bread that they cook on a stovetop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

EightFlyingCars posted:

i'm still working on perfecting them myself but definitely add edmonton-style green onion pancakes to your repertoire: https://youtu.be/D3FTJESc1GY

make sure you roll these out as flat as you can though, they might not cook all the way through otherwise

Oh man, my wife is a big green onion/scallion pancake head and she's been feeling down lately, time to earn some relationship points.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Thanks everyone for the bread suggestions!

Digging through my cabinets and found some bread flour I had forgotten about. Would a dough made from a combination of bread flour and APF have any problems besides "the resulting bread is going to be weird" (which I don't care about in this instance, I'm just making some flatbreads for snacking)?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Aramoro posted:

Someone in this thread turned me on to them. Toutons, I make them almost any time I'm making bread now.

Finally got around to trying my hand at these via this recipe. The dough was a little annoying to work with but the resulting toutons were really good and this recipe makes a ton of them, so now I have stuff to munch on for breakfast this whole week. Thanks for the recommendation!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Does plain yogurt actually work as a leavening agent for flatbreads, or do recipe blogs keep playing the same cruel joke on me?