Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loki k zen
Nov 12, 2011

Keep close the words of Syadasti: 'TIS AN ILL WIND THAT BLOWS NO MINDS. And remember that there is no tyranny in the State of Confusion. For further information, consult your pineal gland.
I've been making home bread for a couple months and it's totally edible but has a tendency to be dry and crumbly.

I'm following recipies off the internet like this one: http://low-cholesterol.food.com/recipe/enjoy-no-knead-fridge-friendly-dough-healthy-bread-in-5-minutes-260345

Not 100% sure what I'm doing wrong - would letting the dough go in a little stickier help?

Does anyone know where you could get rice paste for tiger bread in the UK? I can't find it anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loki k zen
Nov 12, 2011

Keep close the words of Syadasti: 'TIS AN ILL WIND THAT BLOWS NO MINDS. And remember that there is no tyranny in the State of Confusion. For further information, consult your pineal gland.

colonp posted:

It is my impression that white wheat flour is not worth a lot nutritionally. Is that wrong?

Depends on what you mean by nutrition.

It has shittons of carbohydrate, which is one of the primary macronutrients we need. It contains calories, and therefore it feeds you and gives you energy. It does so without containing a large quantity of sugar or fat, which people in developed countries sometimes need to cut down on.

If you mean does it have a lot of different vitamins and minerals, no it doesn't, but not everything we eat has to. They're called micronutrients because we need less of them. If you mean does it have antioxidants or superfoods or whatever, you need to stop listening to the people you're listening to re: nutrition.

Also IIRC, a lot of bread flour in the US is fortified with micronutrients anyway, making it even more good for you if that's where you're from and you get the right flour.

Thanks for the tips on the bread anyway - I will look for a recipe with more water and some rice flour. Some of the recipes I've seen call for butter and some don't - what do you guys think about that?