Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackComa
Feb 9, 2012

Lifestyle choices
Ridiculous question time!

So I've recently seen in an airport a store selling a kit with recipe book + a frame of some sort, apparently it's used to make bread.

I have zero experience doing it but since seeing that thing, I've had urges... and from all the fun you guys seem to be having, I want in too!

So the question is, should I get the kit as a starter move, or should I skip it entirely and go DIY? I have no equipment, just a regular apartment-sized oven and some pans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackComa
Feb 9, 2012

Lifestyle choices

Flipperwaldt posted:

:downs: Neat! Better than the other way round, I guess.

I very much like the cheap anti-stick Bullar loaf tins from IKEA I bought a few years ago, for loaf-shaped bread. But you really don't need that (or much of anything) to make bread. My grandmother didn't even use a bowl to mix things in, she just made a volcano of flour on the table and mixed in the liquids gradually.

You can probably buy a lot of ingredients to experiment with for the price of that starter kit. That will teach you a lot more a lot quicker than reading some book. The internet has recipes aplenty.

I'm gonna face the unknown this weekend then, and will try to get some pics so you can see the resulting disaster :pervert: