Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
Had my first go at baking a few loaves of bread from my family sourdough! Turned out incredible, super pumped to make more. All I had on hand was Caput 00 flour from my pizza making venture, so I went with that for 100% of my flour content. Next time I'll definitely try a few different flours in ratio and see what happens! This was made following Ken Forkish's All Levain Country Blonde recipe from his book. Crazy good chew, flavor, and crust.

ogopogo fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Bread is good and awesome. Having way too much fun making and sharing sourdough loaves with friends.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
I think you'll also find that with time your starter will be more "tough" to wild outside changes. My starter is old as bones and is punky as hell, it's survived a lot. Also, you'll learn which smells are good sour smells and bad sour smells.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Couple of sourdough loaves for the weekend!

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Sourdough and a touch of rye loaves!

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

iospace posted:

Alright, I have a problem. I need a new bread knife. I have an OXO one right now but the problem is the handle extends below the blade, which makes it hard to cut wide loaves. Any recommendations here?

Works every time - https://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Russell-Scalloped-Slicer-10/dp/B004CM23WA

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
My first attempt at a ciabatta style sourdough loaf - came out pretty good, got some things I wanna try for the next round!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Baked some killer sourdough focaccia today!

Main mix at 84% hydration then bulk proof RT 4 hours, then bulk proof in the fridge for 4 days. Pull it out, pan it, and let proof at RT for 18 hours. Light as a feather, the interior crumb nearly melts in your mouth.