Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.

Fragmented posted:

From the site:

"According to the state Office of Financial Management, a new 25% marijuana excise tax, combined with retail sales and B&O tax, will generate more than half a billion dollars in new revenue each year."

This will just drive the selling of cannabis underground again for most people.

Edit: I mean there has to be a tax but 25%? That plus the other taxes and restrictions i can see why grower's are freaking out.

If it's legal people will still be paying WAY below street prices.

Even indoor grown stuff costs only about $300/lb, at the high end, for the electricity and nutrients. Outdoor stuff would be even cheaper, free at the low end...

Even with a 100% tax it would be significantly cheaper than current street prices. Most of the cost that people pay is due to the grower/dealer taking an enormous risk in dealing in illegal substances. The actual product barely costs anything to produce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.

Loving Life Partner posted:

I think mostly it's the silliness of the illegality. It's an adult product with a valid base of citizens that want to use and enjoy it legally.

I've drank, and I've done every drug under the sun and there's just no reason for a product like alcohol to be legal when something as mild and inoffensive as bud isn't.

The scariest times of my life have been legally alcohol fueled and semi-socially acceptable (blacking out is HILARIOUS, it has 2 major motion films, meanwhile, it's pretty loving terrifying).

I'm the same way, cannabis is so much milder than alcohol. No hangover, no blackouts, no overdose risk, and as long as you vape/eat there is very little health risks compared to the legal drugs.

The withdrawal symptoms consist of a lack of appetite, difficulty falling asleep and boredom all incredibly mild. Alcohol withdrawal symptoms can kill you in extreme cases, Nicotine withdrawal symptoms are incredibly intense and can last for weeks/months.

If you look at it objectively, there is no reason that Cannabis should be Schedule I... it should be treated like Alcohol or Tobacco. Limit consumption to 21+ to avoid any neurological issues caused by drug use during brain development... and let adults choose for themselves.

Prison time for Cannabis is so beyond absurd I have a hard time talking about it without getting angry at the number of lives ruined due to these stupid laws.

• Locked thread