Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torka
Jan 5, 2008

cheese posted:

The only thing that can probably stop a spread in decriminalization/increase in regulation is a concerted effort by interest groups with a lot at stake: namely alcohol.

How much is really at stake though? Personally I don't know any teetotal weed smokers, I can't imagine that being okay with weed but never touching alcohol is very common or that it would become much more common if weed were legal. Most people who like weed seem to enjoy both and which one they prefer just depends on the situation and their mood at the time.

Torka fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

FetusSlapper posted:

lovely weed doesn't exist in a legal market. Sure it might cost 15 bucks a gram, but there is a reason its called "one hit poo poo".

*edit* That might be confusing. What I'm saying is that smoking a lot of bad weed(lovely weed) is the same as smoking a little bit of good weed(one hit poo poo). Unless you're growing for the fiber to make textiles, the growers for the legal consumption market aren't going for quantity over quality.
Marketers working for Big Weed would be insane not to take advantage of the popular idea of good weed vs. bad weed by selling different tiers of product (even if the difference in reality was only placebo).

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

The kid's already being poisoned (because that's what chemotherapy is), any damage done by cannabis pills is likely to be dwarfed by whatever that's doing to her.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

From an admittedly anecdotal perspective, the animosity of big alcohol towards legal weed has never made sense to me. The vast majority of people I've known in my life who enjoy weed enjoy alcohol too and are happy to imbibe either or both depending on location and social context. No doubt teetotal weed smokers exist but I'm pretty sure they're a small minority.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Longanimitas posted:

It's just obtuse to compare alcohol to something like GHB in the context of date rape. Get real.

It is obtuse but for the opposite of the reason you think it is, because alcohol is used as a date rape drug a hundred loving million times more often than GHB or any other more controlled substance.

• Locked thread