Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

quote:

A common argument among pro-legalization proponents is regulating marijuana would mean fewer kids were able to get it because they would need an I.D. for purchase, just like alcohol.
Are there really places where it's easier to find a dealer than find someone over 21 who just doesn't give a poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

e: Nevermind, beaten to it.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 11, 2012

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Are these conservative writers just stereotypical giggling stoners or something? Slapping their knees while they toss out tired old pot jokes?
Considering I was reading a pro-pot site trying to decide what weed-themed name to give the Superbowl, I'm pretty sure it has very little to do being conservative and everything to do with weed being the third-easiest thing to extract cheap laughs from behind farts and sexual innuendo.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Does Congress defining it as Schedule I mean that it can't be de-scheduled but by Congress? Or can it be de-scheduled in the normal manner?
The Attorney General can deschedule a controlled substance, including ones in section 812 (which were only put there as an initial list).

What might stop it though is that I don't think it can be scheduled any lower than the equivalent in the Convention on Psychotropic Substances treaty, which is effectively Schedule II or III.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jan 23, 2014

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

The President can unilaterally abrogate a treaty though? Carter did it with the Taiwan defense treaty and the Supreme Court abstained from ruling on it since it was a political question.
The Convention on Psychotropic Substances was implemented via a legislative act (the Psychotropic Substances Act), so no, not in this case.

• Locked thread