Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
I also like to state faulty arguments and defend them while pretending as if actually, I don't believe in that position at all.

objects in mirror posted:

Stop privileging some matters of personal liberty over others you douche. Your desire for dick is as valid as my desire for weed.

You are reprehensible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Again, the desire to partake of marijuana can be as passionate and encompassing as the desire for a same sex relationship, I'm not sure why you keep belittling this stance and it strikes me as prejudiced and intolerant as distaste for homosexuals.

Actually, shitstain, the real prejudice and intolerance lies equivocating the consumption of a non-addictive drug with innate human sexualities that have been discriminated against for thousands of years.

You are a disgrace to society, and it would be better were you not a part of it.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Here we see why social justice causes are in fact zero sum, because they become wrapped up in identity politics and people go "my issue is paramount and important" even when they're sufficiently being addressed and selfishly advocate for the hogging of resources that could be better spent elsewhere.

sufficiently being addressed? tell that to transgendered individuals, unable to use the bathrooms they wish. Tell that to the victims of Orlando.

Tell that to the closest cliff to you before you jump off of it, you irredeemable pile of FYGM sentiment composed into the vague shape of a person with dogshit for brains.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

I'm sure the 49 dead people in Orlando, all the homeless LGBTQ youth, the people fired or thrown out of their homes for being gay, are happy to know you think their causes are being sufficiently addressed, you piece of garbage.

Thank you for bringing up the rampant issue of homelessness among LGBTQ individuals. I'm kicking myself for not mentioning it previously.

It's an issue that's often ignored, and deserves to be brought up if we're cataloguing the many problems still facing gay individuals today.

Chelb fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 14, 2016

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm sorry, but this is pretty ridiculous. More harm is coming to society due to marijuana prohibition than stems from a very tiny minority of people with possible mental issues not being allowed to use the restrooms of the opposite sex.

This is some pathetic trolling.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

KingEup posted:

Because people with minority drug preferences/addictions have never been systematically and deliberately mistreated, discriminated against, denied medical care, harassed and murdered etc?

You're on the same side fool.

This would be a good or at least better point, if we were not at the moment discussing marijuana specifically. Users of which have been discriminated against, yes, but not in a way that calls for equivocating discrimination against weed users and discrimination against LGBTQ individuals.

Nevvy Z posted:

I completely agree but I'm still pretty sure that's not what the drug legalization thread is here for. And talking about basic constituational freedoms is gonna involve some comparisons you might just have to get the gently caress over.

I don't happen to be the one who first compared marijuana prohibition to LGBTQ rights.

Chelb fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

LorrdErnie posted:

There's a really excellent book on this called Kicked Out by Sassafras Lowrey. It's really heartbreaking to read through though, full of firsthand accounts from kids in these very situations.

Thanks for the rec.

• Locked thread