Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

WBC is a spectator event. People just go to ogle, laugh, and get a new facebook profile pic.

This, and also counter-protesting the WBC started as a way of protecting grieving families from having to view their bullshit when they picket funerals, and I guess a network of counter-protestors developed from there. I can think of worse ways of spending an afternoon :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

objects in mirror posted:

Regardless, it's fair to think about this and ask why among liberals one issue gets so much focus and resources and the other is relegated to the back of the queue in causes to champion.

I'm going to pretend that you're not talking conjectural nonsense and ask you why you think LGBT rights gets such an, in your opinion, inordinate amount of focus. Is it some sort of plot? I mean clearly you have issues with trans people, is that related?

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

objects in mirror posted:

I could have an urgent desire to smoke weed, much like a gay man could have an urgent desire for some dick. Come on, man. Liberty is liberty.

Your funtime recreational activity is not equivalent to something that is a core part of a human's identity. If you can't understand this I pity you. Except for the fact that the day after 50 gay people were killed you've decided that LGBT people need to tone it down.

• Locked thread