Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I've had worse experiences from overdoing pot than I have from overdoing booze, thus my anecdote trumps yours!

Alcohol and pot are both wonderful in moderation and lovely in high amounts. Both should be legal, as should tobacco and whatever other substances people want to ingest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

a lovely poster posted:

No, all drugs are not the same, regardless of whatever stupid anecdote you're going to put forth

Not saying they are. I just find it to be a pain in the rear end when people who like one drug evangelize for it and hate against another drug. Adults should be allowed to choose what substances they put in their body, and laws should only be designed to limit societal harm (think drink-driving laws and such).

Someone was saying how much worse their experiences with alcohol had been, and I was merely posting a counter-anecdote. Neither should be a basis for policy, because everyone has different experiences with various substances.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

bawfuls posted:

Well then it's a good thing a lovely poster provided us with research showing that everyone's anecdotes of "I've had worse experiences with alcohol than cannabis" are in line with reality.

No, the only thing that's ever been posted is that alcohol is more dangerous, and that's a supported fact that I don't disagree with. Subjectively, my experiences with marijuana have been worse/more terrifying than my experiences with alcohol, even though I recognize that alcohol has almost certainly had a greater physical effect on me.

Why are weed evangelists so defensive? I like weed, alcohol, tobacco, mushrooms and acid all just fine, and I'm deeply addicted to coffee if you want to count that as well. All I'm saying is that all these things should be perfectly legal for adults to put into their body. Having some stupid conversation about which are more dangerous is not constructive assuming we're all coming from a position of legalization.

• Locked thread