Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
In most cases you lose your second amendment rights if you smoke weed, too. BATFE Form 4473 http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf is required for all public transfers of firearms and specifically asks if you're addicted to marijuana, and of course answering yes disqualifies you.

In addition to this, states that require pistol purchase or ownership permits will ask about marijuana use as well, same goes for CCWs. Background checks are performed in all states that I know of that require permits, and any possession on your record will disqualify you.

Of course you won't find a single word asking if you're an alcoholic, or if you're going to meander around town drunk with a pistol in your waistband. DUIs on your record? No problem, have an AR-15. And plenty of gun owners do mix alcohol and firearms, from personal experience living in the south.

Whether you agree that people who smoke marijuana should be allowed to own firearms or not, the double standard is easily apparent here. Getting trashed and being irresponsible with firearms is macho and all-American, owning firearms and occasionally kicking back with a joint makes you a criminal and can pretty much destroy your life in the blink of an eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sound posted:

I always heard it was the magic mushrooms. If I was going to run into battle naked armed with a fuckoff huge sword, I'd pick the mushrooms. LOTS.

Fly Agaric mushrooms, different kind of 'magic'.

• Locked thread