Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I guess the idea of "even get new comics as they begin their runs in Shonen Jump" exposes us to the unfamiliar world of "see new SJ comics get cancelled for bad ratings or however they determine that in Japan." Sucks, because I haven't been feeling this One Piece arc so Takama-ga-hara was the series I looked forward to most the last few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I read chapter 1 and then chapter 49-50 of Nisekoi and it's possibly the worst comic I've ever read. I can concede easily that it's not "for me" but still, that's a potent cocktail of bland characters, bad writing, and generic art that is just a total miss.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Silver2195 posted:

I gave up on it just from reading the description. What possessed you to read three actual chapters of it?
"I paid for this as a part of my SJA subscription, might as well make sure I'll be okay skipping over it every week!"

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
DBZ was so weird to see because they didn't have the retouched sound effects in there. I get why they're not in there for comics that are actually new, but they didn't have time to line up the already done US art with the colored Japanese art?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If you subscribe be sure to take the 3/25 Issue Survey this week. There's a spot for "how can we improve the app" and it's a perfect place for everyone to say "release an app so that normal adults can read comics they paid for that happen to have a boob in it on iPad." Right now if you buy "Mature" rated comics you can only read them on your computer in that lovely Flash interface, they're locked out of the app. So tell them "you released a kids-only app, why not one for mature comics."

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
There's already Comixology with The Walking Dead and Dark Horse with Kazuo Koike comics like The Color of Rage. There is no reason for them to not let you read Detroit Metal City on your iPad.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I see, the Newsstand app is only for iPads, so you have to use the Viz app for iPhone reading on the go. The Viz iPhone app that STILL doesn't let you rotate the image to view in landscape mode and scroll top to bottom. A feature that every other image viewing app supports.

No, of course, I only want to view my comics in portait mode, either all the way zoomed out so it's unreadable on a phone screen or zoomed where it auto zooms out every time you turn the page so you are constantly zooming and scrolling in all directions the entire time you are reading the comic.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
They do, and I think these days they give 20% off every once in a while. I just feel bad for people getting in now. I got all the volumes I have for $4 when they'd be on sale from their default price of $5. Now the default price is $7 and I just don't see myself ever paying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
It's also a good deal if you want to get paid to read manga. As long as you list each of the 4 promo Yu-Gi-Oh cards on eBay the minute you get them in the mail, you will make more than enough to cover the $20 a subscription costs. The most recent 4 went for $9.40, $7.50, $14.01, and $13.50. So even if you paid $26 I made a profit of $18 on reading One Punch Man legally.

• Locked thread