Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I cannot join the IRC channel, says "address is banned" :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is there more to CE than just the new teams? Any quality of life improvements?

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is there more to CE than just the new teams? Any quality of life improvements?

I was looking for this too and couldn't find any information - being able to reconnect to a game after a crash or spectator mode are really important. Also, I thought there were still a mound of bugs to be fixed with legendary edition like necromancer free zombies not being added to the roster after a game.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Carnalfex posted:

I was looking for this too and couldn't find any information - being able to reconnect to a game after a crash or spectator mode are really important. Also, I thought there were still a mound of bugs to be fixed with legendary edition like necromancer free zombies not being added to the roster after a game.

As far as I can tell, CE brings 3 things:

1. 3 new teams
2. 1 new start player
3. 1 new stadium

Nothing else is changed or added, and this includes bugs.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

PotatoManJack posted:

1. 3 new teams
2. 1 new start player
3. 1 new stadium

I'm almost certain Cyanide have added at least one more bug.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
currently streaming orcs vs chaos

http://www.twitch.tv/washoutr6

edit: well I will be once we start the game again

edit2 and nevermind apparently I dropped and the other player decided not to try again.

Washout fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 15, 2012

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

PotatoManJack posted:

1. 3 new teams
2. 1 new start player
3. 1 new stadium

There's a World Cup singleplayer option now too but I got an impression that you, cool cats, think that SP is beneath you.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Jack Trades posted:

There's a World Cup singleplayer option now too but I got an impression that you, cool cats, think that SP is beneath you.

The singleplayer is so dumb they didn't even program any foresight into it other then cages. If they would have to do a block then blitz to get to the ball they usually won't.

Now streaming chaos dwarves vs orcs.

http://www.twitch.tv/washoutr6

edit: game over, paper made some pretty funny plays. But lost 0-1 because he wouldn't protect his receiver.

Washout fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 15, 2012

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Washout posted:

The singleplayer is so dumb they didn't even program any foresight into it other then cages. If they would have to do a block then blitz to get to the ball they usually won't.

The last time I played against the AI was when I was messing around with stream settings, I made basically no moves for 8 turns besides standing my dudes up and occasionally blitzing a random player. The AI was unable to score on it's own drive under these conditions.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
There was a bug in single player LE where if you had a Wizard spell from inducements and let your time run out instead of making a move, the computer would just sit there for the whole next turn and do nothing. That seems to have been patched up.

World Cup mode has been added, but it looks pretty terrible.

Not much more that I've seen.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I think if the ai is all on easy it will be more likely to score. But if you are playing any of the decent a or b teams it's hard for the ai to even score. It can be a challenge if you play any of the bottom tier teams on easy though, or at least it makes you work for your td's.

Here is a good replay of mine, skaven vs. ubermikes highelves. On the last turn you can see how I do a one turn td with a mv9 player. Although I gently caress it up and blow the catch.

Setup starts at the 1:32 mark. High scoring long game.

http://www.twitch.tv/washoutr6/b/335747557

Faithiest
Mar 27, 2010

Say what you will about Dungeon Bowl, but it has improved menus and the ability to spectate any ongoing match. Why Cyanide didn't reuse those menus for CE I will never know.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
They can sell that in a new edition.

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.
Slippery Tilde

Faithiest posted:

Say what you will about Dungeon Bowl, but it has improved menus and the ability to spectate any ongoing match. Why Cyanide didn't reuse those menus for CE I will never know.

It has to do with who owns the servers, apparently you can spec in Dungeon Bowl due to Cyanide controling the gameservers. This is not the case for Blood Bowl and for that reason you can't spec the games.

Faithiest
Mar 27, 2010

cKnoor posted:

It has to do with who owns the servers, apparently you can spec in Dungeon Bowl due to Cyanide controling the gameservers. This is not the case for Blood Bowl and for that reason you can't spec the games.

I lied and now know. In other news trying to minmax an Underworld team into competitiveness is hard. 6 skaven and a troll don't make a team.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Again, totally wanting in on this (and wanting some goon[s] to gimme the lowdown since the tutorial teaches you absolutely gently caress-all) but...

The Orange Mage posted:

I cannot join the IRC channel, says "address is banned" :confused:

...so who do I need to poke to figure out why I'm banned from a channel I've never been to on a server I haven't connected to in over a year?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

The Orange Mage posted:

Again, totally wanting in on this (and wanting some goon[s] to gimme the lowdown since the tutorial teaches you absolutely gently caress-all) but...

...so who do I need to poke to figure out why I'm banned from a channel I've never been to on a server I haven't connected to in over a year?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

The Orange Mage posted:

You can direct message me at washoutlaptop for a game too. I'm on a lot.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Where can I find the password to join the Great Goon League?

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

Where can I find the password to join the Great Goon League?

Right here.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Thanks. I am apparently blind and stupid.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The traditional traits of a bloodbowl player.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

goatface posted:

The traditional traits of a bloodbowl player.

"Wots dis ball fer?"
"TO TELL YOU WICH GIT TO SMASH"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
It is not really fair to say that no bugs have been fixed, by the way. Leading up to the release, Cyanide deployed a number of bug fixes for everyone.

Some of the most obnoxious ones (such as no-11-players-on-the-goddamn-pitch) are still there, but some others that were as annoying and recurring as herpes (like the winnings bug in private leagues) have been fixed.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
In case anybody was wondering Legendary edition work just fine vs people with Chaos edition. I played a game against some chaos dwarves and I only got LE. For a supposedly fast player, the animation of the bull centaur make him look slow.

Obviously they have to keep both patched to the same extent stay compatible. Of course fixing bugs in both version would have been preferable :v:

Wooper fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 21, 2012

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Wooper posted:

In case anybody was wondering Legendary edition work just fine vs people with Chaos edition. I played a game against some chaos dwarves and I only got LE. For a supposedly fast player, the animation of the bull centaur make him look slow.

Obviously they have to keep both patched to the same extent stay compatible. Of course fixing bugs in both version would have been preferable :v:

The bull centaur barely qualifies as being animated. The animation for him kicking off is literally just the centaur walking into the square with the ball using his normal walking animation, then the ball leaves the square.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

uPen posted:

The bull centaur barely qualifies as being animated. The animation for him kicking off is literally just the centaur walking into the square with the ball using his normal walking animation, then the ball leaves the square.

Listen, pal. The money they save here is money GW can put into never making a new product or never bringing their online sales practices into the 1990s.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

uPen posted:

They got the hats right, and the hats get bigger the more they level, that is all that matters.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
For anyone considering playing Khorne:

I played Washouts with my brand new Underworld and, well, it was a disaster. By turn two I caused two CAS, knocked four more out, and scored.
He had the ball several times but after my third touchdown he resigned in turn 15 and said he'd delete the team.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

That was my 3rd rape game, I still had no apo and my mvp's from both previous games were dead or had to be fired. I'd collected a grand total of 2 spp from the single cas the team was able to make over the course of 3 games. After a 3-0 loss to underworld the team deserved it.

Playing Khorne against goons who are aware and don't let you randomly surf half the opposing team is really difficult.

Later in the day my Skaven killed the hell out of a Norse team and Boxwine resigned in the 7th turn after 4 firable cas/death and deleted that team as well.

Washout fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 21, 2012

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap
Sorry for denying you 4 or 5 more tds.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I totally understand man, the previous game I'd played was where my khorne got destroyed and I deleted that team. Bloodbowl happens.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Well I've now started an underworld team and they are at least able to score touchdowns. But the first game played was against Khemri and a two goblins died. With my final turn getting a lucky extra reroll when I had none for the one turn touchdown attempt. But the troll rolled 1 to eat the goblin, and then on the reroll I rolled another one and he was eaten on the final turn.

Played a few more games against halflings and a linerat was killed by a treeman, and in the same game he threw a halfling at me and killed another goblin. It ended up being a tied first game, in the rematch though the cas came out strong against the halflings and by the end of the game there were around 10 halflings in the cas box, and only my troll had mighty blow but he spent most of the game sleeping once he was KOed by a treeman in the 5th turn.

Even after all these deaths Underworld remains a much more fun team since they can at least move around and handle the ball.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
They actually added a Khorne team? I think I liked it better when people in IRC joked about there being one with no hands on almost all the players.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

They actually added a Khorne team? I think I liked it better when people in IRC joked about there being one with no hands on almost all the players.

The team does not look terrible on paper. 4 demons with GAS access and two more with GS makes them look like a more agility oriented chaos team. But unlike chaos they have zero help getting to the 1500 tv range where they start being able to put up a fight.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Washout posted:

The team does not look terrible on paper. 4 demons with GAS access and two more with GS makes them look like a more agility oriented chaos team. But unlike chaos they have zero help getting to the 1500 tv range where they start being able to put up a fight.

Frenzy on almost every player seems pretty terrible even on paper :v:

At least underworld got in, and they're cool. I completely forgot how to play this properly but my warpstone troll killed a chaos dwarf on his very first turn, which I consider a win.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Internet Kraken posted:

Frenzy on almost every player seems pretty terrible even on paper :v:

At least underworld got in, and they're cool. I completely forgot how to play this properly but my warpstone troll killed a chaos dwarf on his very first turn, which I consider a win.

My only experience with Underworld was my Fumbbl team which lost 3 Warpstone Trolls in 4 games. Every one of them was apo'd, dead->dead and failed regen. I'm sure I'd have gone 4 for 4 if I could have afforded to buy a new troll for that game.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Underworld are good fun. Goblins running around everywhere with two heads dodging in and out of tackle zones like knives through butter, skavens running around with claw, block and horns, skaven throwers with extra arms, the troll with claw and tentacles.

I haven't yet played against a seriously good player and wonder how well they'd go, but at least they're fun to use!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

When underworld get some skills they are supposedly a really good team. Hopefully when they hit 1500 tv they will start to shine. They will probably start to be alright around 1250 even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Glad this got a thread, good on you Washout.

• Locked thread