Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006

TheFonz posted:

etc etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A
Girls Just wanna, They Just wanna :colbert::colbert:

I keed, also they all get passes because I'm a brand snob. (not actually true at all)

2000 Subaru Outback, my favorite car I've ever owned, took me ages to find a stick.

Great to live inside when it decides to piss rain and snow while camping in the desert.

My baby likes it dirty.

I joined the wagon crew a year and a half ago and I'm never going back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
Just acquired this '98 V70XC.

It needs a little TLC, but it drives well and everything works. I'm really pleased with it, so far.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

If there's anything that blurs the line between the two, it's the Mazda3. It's 5" longer than a new Focus hatch, 10" longer than a GTI hatch, 30" longer than a Mini... the only other liftgate car I can find within an inch or two of it is the Impreza, which Subaru calls a wagon.

The 3 hatch is actually a few milimeters longer than an E46 Touring... :psyduck:

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Lightbulb Out posted:

Here's a Corvair wagon I spotted near my work.
Wait what the gently caress? How the hell do you make a rear-engined wagon? :psyduck:

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

Friar Zucchini posted:

Wait what the gently caress? How the hell do you make a rear-engined wagon? :psyduck:

Same way VW did it with the T3/T4-you make the engine flat so that it fits under the floor. :v:

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

DAT RAM posted:

Lesbaru Crew
<snip>
Please do not call it an SUV.
When I was looking for a wagon it was either the VR I found or a ForesterXT with a manual. It pretty much came down to which one I could find first.

I very strongly dislike the new Forester. Maybe it's just me

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That and the new outback are SUVs at this point.

zundfolge posted:

Same way VW did it with the T3/T4-you make the engine flat so that it fits under the floor. :v:

Hello, subaru? I have a proposal for you.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

netwerk23 posted:

When I was looking for a wagon it was either the VR I found or a ForesterXT with a manual. It pretty much came down to which one I could find first.

It sucks. My dad has one (upgraded from a '99 forester he had for years). The build quality is somehow still pretty bad, it sits way too high, and has AWFUL visibility. I nearly pulled out in front of a civic the first time I drove it, luckily he was in the passenger seat paying attention. It really is an SUV now.

The original forester XT is the best forester :colbert:

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

Crustashio posted:

The original forester XT is the best forester :colbert:
I'm partial to the 2nd gen myself, especially in white.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Jalopnik had a somewhat decent editorial last week about why America sucks for wagons: http://jalopnik.com/5948172/how-the-government-killed-fuel-efficient-cars-and-trucks

It really sucks that the Mazda6 Diesel is never, ever, never, ever going to come here. :smith:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I imagine you don't want to hear that my friend's company car is a diesel Mazda 6 estate, then.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

bolind posted:

The 3 hatch is actually a few milimeters longer than an E46 Touring... :psyduck:

Well then.

I did find this, from 3.5 years ago when I bought it, taken with one of the worst cameraphones ever:

Taken right about here. Fun road.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
My crappy phone camera isn't really worthy of this thread, but here's my '91 Mercury Colony Park, one of the hated wagons from the OP. I thought I was done with project cars, but I came across it on the street and couldn't control myself. At this point, I'm about $3000 into it in purchase and repairs, no regrets. I lent my Benz to my dad (who's sick and having car problems) so I'll be driving the Mercury exclusively for a while.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Timage posted:

My old series 2 stagea. Neo RB25DET with the awful tiptronic auto gearbox.

Yeah 90s Nissan autos were definitely their low point.

I like the M35 with the slightly more modern 5 speeds though, it's looking like my next car will probably be a late RWD M35 with the 3.5 like this:

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Here's mine:

A beautiful 1982 Volvo 245. Currently in process in restoring this. RWD, and manual (M46). I'll eventually swap out the engine with a different Volvo one (B230ft), and turbo it. I'm, shooting for 250 - 300hp when I'll be done.

Can fit so much in this thing. I daily drive it now. Took the girl camping in it and could fit up to 3 mattresses in it. When camping, we took a twin mattress, blankets and pillows. We even could sit up with quite a lot of head room to spare.

Really, can't think of a better and more useful vehicle than a wagon.

Solar Coaster fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 12, 2012

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas
gently caress yeah, wagons! I'm obsessed with them, and don't ever really plan to DD another kind of car. My Mother's side of the family must have gotten me started, she's always had wagons (currently a VW Passat diesel) and so have her parents and sisters.

Anyway, this was my first proper wagon, 1996 Camry with the 4cyl + 5spd. Was a decent car, bought it for $1800 after I gave up finding a decent 240 wagon with manual.

Had that for about 6 months, and then this popped up for sale for 1 grand 150kms away, dropped everything and bought it the same day I first saw the ad.

1988 240 wagon with the B230F + M47, this is an old photo and it's sadly not in this good of condition anymore, but it's still my faithful daily.
Highlights have included moving twice, buying a 3pce lounge set and fitting it all in the back and plenty of RWD hoonage, no-one ever suspects the Volvo. :getin:

TheClarkster
Oct 23, 2008
Current Daily Driver

05 V70R So far just tinted all around. Would like to get around to painting it eventually as silver is too boring, although that much horsepower in a plain silver wagon is a good combination so far.

Also from my car history, a previous wagon that suffered the drunk paint wrath of me and a couple friends. 70 Squareback. Luckily it was a piece of junk that I bought for a couple hundred, sold after something busted in the engine, and lost no money on. It was fun to drive though.

:toot:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Here is a small sample from my Avant folder:

And this is the car that made me start loving the B8 A4 Avant:

Which leads me to this: My new Avant! I didn't want to post until the deal was finalized, but that happened yesterday so it'll be on its way to me soon.

It's a fully loaded 2011 A4 Avant Prestige with every option except the Ti package. I got it for a steal because the BMW dealer it's was traded at didn't realize how rare it is. My local Audi dealer is organizing the transfer and shipping, and they will certify it when it arrives for a nominal fee.

I. Can't. Wait.

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 13, 2012

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Also:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

IOwnCalculus posted:

Well then.

I did find this, from 3.5 years ago when I bought it, taken with one of the worst cameraphones ever:

Taken right about here. Fun road.

Ah, the top of TTF before it turns into dirt. :v: I hope you've made your way to the White Spars, South Mountain, and Mingus Mountain. :v:

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

netwerk23 posted:

It's not just you. Most "car guys" don't seem to like it. I like the old Forester better. They made them this way to appeal to more people. My mom doesn't really care for the old Forester but really wants one in the new body style.

Now I'm going to be an rear end in a top hat and post my hatchback in the wagon thread:

2011 Ford Fiesta SES. I drove all the way to Delaware from CT to pick it up because it was the closest used Fiesta I could find with options I liked and a manual. Tomorrow will be six months that I've owned it.

I've put over 7,000 miles on it and I love it. I had wanted one since I saw the Top Gear review of it and I was very happy when I got the chance to drive one and it was just as nice as I hoped it would be. Even though I have a truck I still have used this to do things like move home from school. I don't think I would own another car wasn't a hatchback/wagon.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")
Yay wagons!

Our 2002 A6 Avant. 3.0, Quattro, and Tiptronic. It's incredibly roomy and insanely fun to drive. It also has a better weight distribution than the sedan from the same year!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I really wish Dodge had made this:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I think you'll find that it's a shooting brake my good man & we'll have none of it in the wagon thread. :colbert:

Seriously though, I own 2 wagons, unfortunately both fwd diesel shitboxes but I'd struggle to ever bring myself to buy a sedan, they're not nearly as versatile.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Cakefool posted:

Seriously though, I own 2 wagons, unfortunately both fwd diesel shitboxes but I'd struggle to ever bring myself to buy a sedan, they're not nearly as versatile.
If it's it's going to be FWD and diesel and a shitbox being an estate goes a long way to redemption!

InitialDave posted:

Hah, I had my dad's silver E91 parked at my place for most of last month. If we knew someone with a silver E36, we could have done a full generational line up of 3-series Tourings!
I think I somebody around here had a 4cyl silver e36 touring?

The new F30 touring is nice, and the 328i engine sounds pretty amazing. Large turbo petrol with economy like a my early 2000's diesel. Yes please!

2002 touring, alhtough it's pretty much a hacthback

e21 - ditto. I think it was just a concept.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Hello Wagon Friends! Could you do this with a sedan of the same size? No you could not.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried
Adding to the other obscure VW estates. My briefly owned VW type 3. If I'm honest it was a complete pain in the arse and it cost me loads of money while I owned it. Looked pretty though.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Four Banger posted:

All these Subaru wagons, and no one has even posted the best one! :smug:
Being an early 20's male, my friends all mock me for my love of wagons, calling me a lesbian, or math teacher. But gently caress em, this is why I love my wagon.

Oh man, I love my totally stock G1 Forester so much, despite the 2 engines I've had to put in it so far.

When you need a new engine you just throw that poo poo in the back with the help of your friend kastein.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
Sup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTG579ORDqo

:siren:BONUS WAGONS!!!:siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZPxV-Ws-7c

That said, I have wanted to get out of the SRT8 and into a C5z06 for quite a while now

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas
That Dodge reminds me of the awesome 70's wagons from the Australian big 3.

Chrysler CM Regal

Ford XB Falcon wagon

Holden Kingswood

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

We have two wagons in the house mine is the white one.

Click for large lovely cameraphone pic

left: 10MY Range Rover Sport TDV6 Luxury
Right: 10MY VW Passat R36 wagon

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Correction, you have one (1) wagon. The other vehicle is a full on SUV.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

Billy Tully posted:

Oh man, I love my totally stock G1 Forester so much, despite the 2 engines I've had to put in it so far.

When you need a new engine you just throw that poo poo in the back with the help of your friend kastein.

What's that thing you have behind the rear seats??

also mine is still on it's 1st motor, just hit 290k. Some of us just get lucky I guess.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

This was my first car, the 1983 Toyota Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon. It packed a 62 horsepower engine and a stylish plaid interior. I miss it every day.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Four Banger posted:

also mine is still on it's 1st motor, just hit 290k. Some of us just get lucky I guess.

Behind the seats is the cargo cover? In the back seats is an extra rear door I also picked up. I bought it with a bad engine, got screwed by a junkyard on the second engine and then got lucky with that engine thats in the back. It now sounds like it will make it to 300k easily, have about 180k on both the car and engine and its solid.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Four Banger posted:

That's the retractable cargo cover, it...covers the cargo? My 99 came with one but I don't remember ever using it, I took it out and put it in the garage almost as soon as it got home.

My old Forester has 260k on it now and is on it's second transmission, though the engine is strong as ever. Still ridiculous amounts of fun on backroads.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Blacknose posted:

Adding to the other obscure VW estates. My briefly owned VW type 3. If I'm honest it was a complete pain in the arse and it cost me loads of money while I owned it. Looked pretty though.

I want one, but I'd put a Subaru motor in it because yeah.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Terrible Robot posted:

Still ridiculous amounts of fun on backroads.

I have been super impressed with the torque the 2.5 makes along with the surprisingly good handling for a "big" car. Its seriously a blast to drive. I need to fix a couple of little things and then take it off road and get it covered in mud.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery
According to the state of California, this is a station wagon. It says so on my title and registration. This is my 2008 MINI Clubman S, which I've had since it had 4 miles on it.

One time, I put a Yamaha Digital Grand piano in the back. It's a full size 88 key model. A 42" flat screen TV was an easy fit, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Streets of Willow skidpad!

• Locked thread