Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
Did some station wagoning today, stopped to take a picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Did some station wagoning today picking up a motorbike with my buddy

Yep, it fits.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
You should really some cardboard down or osmething

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

chrisgt posted:

Did some station wagoning today, stopped to take a picture.

Gorgeous. I love that generation MB.

A former boss had that car with the euro headlights like this. I wonder how much they cost.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

About $250 or so on average to get a set of euro lights. I honestly kinda like the round lights. They're sealed beams and really suck, so I'm trying to find an easy projector conversion. I think the e30 projector headlights might just fit.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

chrisgt posted:

About $250 or so on average to get a set of euro lights. I honestly kinda like the round lights. They're sealed beams and really suck, so I'm trying to find an easy projector conversion. I think the e30 projector headlights might just fit.

If they're the standard H6024 7" lights, Hella makes a retrofit housing that takes an H4 bulb. I'll probably pick some up for the Nova eventually. I think they usually run $40-$45 per side. Plus bulbs.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
E34 lights are similar to E30s, and are far cheaper. May look into that if you're on a budget.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

If they're the standard H6024 7" lights, Hella makes a retrofit housing that takes an H4 bulb. I'll probably pick some up for the Nova eventually. I think they usually run $40-$45 per side. Plus bulbs.

Yes, they should be. I did that conversion on my 122 already, made a night and day difference (heh). I got them as a kit with both lights and bulbs for $70 on amazon prime. You can even get them E-code, which I did. They have the modern hard cutoff beam pattern with the angle up to the right. Here's a link: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G72SKQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

It is the 6024! Thanks for the info on that, that looks like an extremely worthy upgrade!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

LloydDobler posted:

Yes, they should be. I did that conversion on my 122 already, made a night and day difference (heh). I got them as a kit with both lights and bulbs for $70 on amazon prime. You can even get them E-code, which I did. They have the modern hard cutoff beam pattern with the angle up to the right. Here's a link: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G72SKQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Nice! I didn't realize they made a full kit. Definitely going on the wish list.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

LloydDobler posted:

You can even get them E-code, which I did. They have the modern hard cutoff beam pattern with the angle up to the right.

Ive seen this term before, but haven't figured out what it's referring to. Can you explain the e-code and why you would get lights that are e-code?

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

LloydDobler posted:

That's a drat nice kit, now all I need to do is find a single one for my old motorcycle

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

savesthedayrocks posted:

Ive seen this term before, but haven't figured out what it's referring to. Can you explain the e-code and why you would get lights that are e-code?

European lighting regulations versus DOT. They allow a lot more light high up on the passenger side. They're technically illegal but since they're not likely to blind oncoming traffic anywhere a DOT light wouldn't also do the same, it'd be very rare to get caught out on it (unlike a lovely HID retrofit).

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Nice! I didn't realize they made a full kit. Definitely going on the wish list.

Do you

LloydDobler posted:

Do you have more pics of the 122 somewhere? It's so pretty!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

blk posted:

Do you have more pics of the 122 somewhere? It's so pretty!

I have a build thread on swedespeed, my favorite glamour shots are in this post HERE (scroll down)

I had a build thread here but it got archived. I started a new one HERE for the T5 motor conversion, it's on page 3 or 4. As soon as my friend finishes welding my oil pan I'll have an update.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Since I don't work Thursdays, I decided the Subie wasn't dirty enough so I grabbed the dog and off we went to the mountains for an adventure.

Our ultimate destination. Amazing how low the water level is. Where I'm standing is normally under feet of water.

Kazik, checking out his surroundings.

All packed up and ready to start heading back.

I really like the Subaru AWD, have to admit. I've had FWD and RWD cars, but this is my first AWD one and it's really been growing on me.

some of the view

There are some really tight switchbacks on this trail, really impressed on how well she does in the corners.

Back on pavement, it's even better. This thing really grips.

Mission success!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I miss the northwest, your pictures bring back that awesome forest smell I grew up with. Looks like a nice day trip with a cool buddy.

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian
My sweet, sweet ride:

It's a 2010 Alfa Romeo Sportwagon 1.9 jtdm (120hp, downtuned for fiscal reasons)

What do you guys think?

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -