Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
Y'all might like my driveway

Volvo is my fathers, Subaru mothers, Jetta TDI and Passat are mine. I bought the Jetta last night from a friend because the Passat has an incredible amount of issues and is going to kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

nm posted:

There's like 2-3 v wagons in Redlands, CA. We also have an E63 AMG wagon here. Dunno why, but cool i guess.

Mercedes dropped the price from 150 to 100. There was only one trolling around my town for the longest time, but over the last two years three or four showed up.

Unless you're asking why you have so many performance wagons, in which case; I don't know.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Tremek posted:

The E63 S wagon is now like $105k base, yup. The '14 S sedans are already down into the low $80s, so those things will be amazing deals with a few more years of predictably-brutal Mercedes depreciation under their belt. Also worth knowing: there's turbo upgrades for the M157 that result in over 700awhp. :devil:

My wife is still skeptical, sadly. :( Wagons are ruined for her by her parents' 1st gen Taurus wagon and Civic wagon of her childhood.

"But honey. What if you had a wagon that can do 4 wheel burnouts?" is somehow not a compelling enough argument. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Maybe when my TDI dies (lol never I drive 5,000 miles a year) I'll have enough saved up to find a used AMG.

Don't you have a CTS-V? Can't you let her drive that to see the prowess of a wagon? Show her four wheel slides with a trunk full of stuff.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Tremek posted:

The terrible secret: she doesn't really care about cars. I did get her to drag race her Cayenne Turbo for a season, and she was good at it... She might try the GL550 again this year but paradoxically she's not convinced that it's fast enough. Maybe if I can get her back into club clash (it's as much a social thing as it is anything) I can convince her she needs another 600hp awd piece of insanity in a few years. ;)

"Doesn't really care about cars" and drives a Cayenne Turbo, yeah. Stick with Porsche, convince her that the Panamera is the best car, and have her buy the Turbo :haw:

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
Can I just say: the 2015 Outback driver's seat is the most uncomfortable worthless ill-designed piece of poo poo car seat.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
I feel like I missed out when I had my Forester. I should've torn apart an engine, threw it in the trunk, and drove around :'(

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
I utilized the poo poo out of my wagon this weekend. My car's suspension was suffering trying to hold five people and five backpacks full of gear.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Withnail posted:

Well crap I should have thought about that. Who else makes a fun wagon preferably with manual. I was thinking audi allroad, but too maybe to expensive and no stick. Mini? Mazda? Maybe I should just keep it. I guess we will see what the deal actually looks like...

I think the only wagon (actual wagon) is the GSW. But if you're turned off from VW, then you might be hosed. Maybe the Alltrack will have stick and you'll be saved?

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Tremek posted:

My -V is an auto. It's fine, only spergs freak out about manuals these days.

How will we brag to people?

I'm looking forward to driving auto. No more lovely commute

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Good idea.

I owned a 2004 V6 Passat Wagon and I can assure you that nothing ever goes wrong with those. Electrical masterpieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

How often do you drain the taillights?

That's actually where the excess transmission fluid is stored as you will often need to garage it and filter new fluid in due to the constant and ever present clunking between 2nd and 1st. Which, understandably, doesn't show up when you run a scan.

• Locked thread