Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I think you'll find that it's a shooting brake my good man & we'll have none of it in the wagon thread. :colbert:

Seriously though, I own 2 wagons, unfortunately both fwd diesel shitboxes but I'd struggle to ever bring myself to buy a sedan, they're not nearly as versatile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Zenostein posted:

I wouldn't call mine a shitbox, I rather like it.

Then again, I pretty rarely need all the extra space. But hey, I have it!

Also I am so jealous of those Eagles. I want a 4wd Eagle and a Javelin so bad.

Mine are most definitely shitboxes, I have a cat-c damaged Volvo v70 tdi worth less than the pair of tyres it needs & a younger but less reliable Peugeot 206SW. The pug would actually be a fun car to throw around if I gutted the electrics & rewired it from scratch.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Went to buy sandpaper yesterday, saw they had the bath suite we wanted for 90% off. Yup, just stuffed it into the Volvo. Wagons are awesome.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I fitted three lengths of 3m laminate worktop in my 99 v70 once, a bit of a hairy ride home because to see what was going on the other side of the worktop my little brother was riding in the back passenger seat telling me what was coming, whether it was safe to them etc.

Also the earlier (pre 2000) Volvo's awd was fragile, the later ones had haldex units rather than just viscous couplings, which cook if the tread wear isn't well matched.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Terrible Robot posted:

I also bought an '89 Volvo 245 to drive while I fix the 855s numerous mechanical problems, and then it will become a project itself.

I live AI's attitude to cars.

"I have a nice car, better buy a beater so I can keep this in good condition"
~ restores beater ~

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm going to go look at a Dacia Logan this week as a possible replacement for my wife's Peugeot. A lot of car for £7k new.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I like to think you handbrake backwards into every parking spot :allears:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I've never seen an E30 touring with the back open before, looks like the lights would get in the way, anyone here with one care to share their experiences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I saw an advert for an 02 version of that when browsing for my wife, I thought the 6 speed was just a swapped gear knob, good to know it's real.

• Locked thread