Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Four Banger posted:

All these Subaru wagons, and no one has even posted the best one! :smug:
Being an early 20's male, my friends all mock me for my love of wagons, calling me a lesbian, or math teacher. But gently caress em, this is why I love my wagon.

Oh man, I love my totally stock G1 Forester so much, despite the 2 engines I've had to put in it so far.

When you need a new engine you just throw that poo poo in the back with the help of your friend kastein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Four Banger posted:

What's that thing you have behind the rear seats??

also mine is still on it's 1st motor, just hit 290k. Some of us just get lucky I guess.

Behind the seats is the cargo cover? In the back seats is an extra rear door I also picked up. I bought it with a bad engine, got screwed by a junkyard on the second engine and then got lucky with that engine thats in the back. It now sounds like it will make it to 300k easily, have about 180k on both the car and engine and its solid.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Terrible Robot posted:

Still ridiculous amounts of fun on backroads.

I have been super impressed with the torque the 2.5 makes along with the surprisingly good handling for a "big" car. Its seriously a blast to drive. I need to fix a couple of little things and then take it off road and get it covered in mud.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

The :tinfoil: in me wonders what would happen if you got in a wreck with an engine chillin in the back like that :downsgun:

No more posts from me or kastein :(

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

The new Forester seems more like an SUV and they make my old one look small. The old ones are definitely more of a wagon than a SUV.

Got some new snows on mine the other day then took it into the woods.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea, its a great car. Handles pretty well for an old man mobile and the visibility is top notch.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

You lucky bastard, we were supposed to get snow this week and I just got new snow tires for mine but it turned into rain. Stupid weather, I wanted to do some awd donuts.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I played in the mud today with my old man mobile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJuNPj5jtBg

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

JudgeJoeBrown posted:

My 2004 WRX Wagon.

Nice!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

sybir posted:

My '97 Outback was taken from me by an inattentive driver after 18 years of hard service and 310k miles - T-boned me and totaled it. This is the replacement. Needs a bunch of work but is coming along.

Here's the other new toy - sold my STi and picked up a clean FXT. Promptly spun a bearing due to a crappy rebuilt shortblock from the PO, now awaiting a forged bottom end so I can turn up the wick a little.

I went from no silver cars to all silver cars, which I was never a huge fan of, but they're growing on me. Like Subarus in general, it's probably Stockholm syndrome, heh.

Got drat both these cars are awesome as poo poo. That sucks about the Outback, sounds like it was a good friend for a long time :(

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

blk posted:

What lights are those? They look nice.

Agreed. I dont like a lot of aftermarket lights but those look awesome.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea New England is like that too. I walked out of a store one time and thought somehow someone put dogs in my car but it was just the same color Forester as mine. Kastein and I also drive matching Foresters.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

drat that looks clean especially for free.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I notice that all these shots of Subarus are always of engines being hauled is there something going on that you need lots of new engines hmmmmmmm?????

Survey says.....YES

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea my Foz doubles as a portable workshop when Im not currently putting another engine in it, haha.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Left Ventricle posted:

Beater wagon incoming.

See more here.

Nice, this is what I want if anything ever happens to my Subaru. Is it the 3.3? My mom had a 1990 sedan with that engine and it ran forever with minimal care. The only reason she got rid of it is because it got stolen and the people that took it smoked crack in it, broke the front seat so that it would recline and put big speakers on the rear deck. She cried when she saw it since she had it for like 10 years and my sister and I grew up with that car.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea we were wondering why they stole her car cause it was so old and a Buick but the cops said the same thing about how easy they are to steal. I loved that engine, it has 160hp and it was faster than the 1990 Z24 3.1 I had at the time which was 130 or 140hp or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Did some station wagoning today picking up a motorbike with my buddy

Yep, it fits.

• Locked thread