Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheClarkster
Oct 23, 2008
Current Daily Driver

05 V70R So far just tinted all around. Would like to get around to painting it eventually as silver is too boring, although that much horsepower in a plain silver wagon is a good combination so far.

Also from my car history, a previous wagon that suffered the drunk paint wrath of me and a couple friends. 70 Squareback. Luckily it was a piece of junk that I bought for a couple hundred, sold after something busted in the engine, and lost no money on. It was fun to drive though.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheClarkster
Oct 23, 2008

netwerk23 posted:

Very sexy beast. :toot:

How is the manual in that thing? I jumped ship from stickshift thanks to my commute, and the autostick is alright until it breaks. Then it is just expensive. Same goes with the fancy adjustable suspension; now that the front struts are busted, I'm considering sticking the standard and far less expensive replacements in and foregoing the adjustability.

I love this car.

TheClarkster
Oct 23, 2008

nm posted:

My friend has a V60R of this generation, and it is completely unreliable. It has had AT issues (admittedly not a problem witha stick), raditor replaced, diff issues, hilariously expensive shocks (book they are almost $1000/corner, but you can do quite a bit cheaper), etc.
I think it is about 100k mi.

I have an 05 V70R with the geartronic that is about to roll over 100k. I have rebuilt the transmission after it basically fell apart, replaced the expensive electronic front shocks, replaced motor mounts, and still have something wrong with my ABS that throws warnings at me.
All rather expensive repairs, but it is still my favorite car I've owned. Also, it eats oil like crazy, so keep a jug on hand.

• Locked thread