Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
All these Subaru wagons, and no one has even posted the best one! :smug:
Being an early 20's male, my friends all mock me for my love of wagons, calling me a lesbian, or math teacher. But gently caress em, this is why I love my wagon.

You can haul rear end down abandoned logging roads and tear up old dirt pits.

You can fill it with 5 people, all their poo poo for a weekend long festival (and 2 of them were DJ's bringing a poo poo load of gear to perform) and still have room to spare

and you can go camping, and while everyone sleeps in tents and get's rained on, you can sleep in comfort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

Billy Tully posted:

Oh man, I love my totally stock G1 Forester so much, despite the 2 engines I've had to put in it so far.

When you need a new engine you just throw that poo poo in the back with the help of your friend kastein.

What's that thing you have behind the rear seats??

also mine is still on it's 1st motor, just hit 290k. Some of us just get lucky I guess.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

Billy Tully posted:

Behind the seats is the cargo cover? In the back seats is an extra rear door I also picked up. I bought it with a bad engine, got screwed by a junkyard on the second engine and then got lucky with that engine thats in the back. It now sounds like it will make it to 300k easily, have about 180k on both the car and engine and its solid.

I don't have that cargo cover. Didn't know it existed.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

Friar Zucchini posted:

Hey man, if wagons need their own goddamn thread, we'll take anything we can get. As long as it's got a window behind the C-pillar, a back end that's contiguous with the passenger compartment, and the rear window is steeper than less than a 45 degree angle from vertical, it's good. :v: Just as long as it isn't too much of an SUV - I could handle a Venza or current-gen Outback in this thread, or even a Forester, but not, say, a Ford Edge, or a Flex.

How can you say the current Forester is a wagon, but not the Flex? I would also argue that the current gen Forester is an SUV at this point.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
I'm visiting family over Christmas before starting a new job, and tonight I was lucky enough to get some snow. They're announcing up to 35cm/13" . First time driving the forester, or anything AWD, in the snow. Had a fun drive tonight.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

Billy Tully posted:

You lucky bastard, we were supposed to get snow this week and I just got new snow tires for mine but it turned into rain. Stupid weather, I wanted to do some awd donuts.

Tonight my buddy and I went out in our Subarus and did lots of AWD donuts. At one point he was parked and I did donuts around him. I felt so proud.

Sorry about the quality, but iPhones aren't exactly the best low light cameras.

And that Legacy looks great in white. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008

DropShadow posted:

From Reddit:

That's just beautiful. :swoon:

Also as a side note, I'm in the process of pricing out/sourcing an ej207 swap for the forester.

Four Banger fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 2, 2013

• Locked thread