Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I was walking back to the office and saw a Dodge Magnum drive by. I thought 'I would love to see one of those with the current Dodge'.

Make it Dodge, make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Tremek posted:

A chop but not the most terrible chop... I'd drive a Magnum Hellcat. :P

I'd buy the poo poo out of that.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Tremek posted:

My buddy snapped this after he put the coilovers and snows on my Civic, this thing is awesome.

We had one of those when I was a wee child; the memories.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Man, Europe gets the cool cars.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Trawling through classifieds, I think approximately two (2) people bought RWD CTS wagons after 2010. :smith:

(V's not included)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

priznat posted:

I haven't seen any listed here in the 8 months or so I've been semi-actively looking so I kind of gave up :(

At this point I'm waiting for the new Golf Sportswagon (spelled with an "o" in Canada for some reason) comes out before buying but it's between that, the GTI (not a wagon) or the outback (not really a wagon anymore either). Sigh.

There's a 2013 wagon in Ontario and that's about it. :smith:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Tremek posted:

The E63 S wagon is now like $105k base, yup. The '14 S sedans are already down into the low $80s, so those things will be amazing deals with a few more years of predictably-brutal Mercedes depreciation under their belt. Also worth knowing: there's turbo upgrades for the M157 that result in over 700awhp. :devil:

There's a '12 here for sale with 47 000 km for $60k CDN. There are so few of them listed I can't tell if it's bad price, good price or a 'holy poo poo there's gotta be something wrong with it' price.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Tremek posted:

I didn't remember just how rare they are - Volvo made 750 sedans and wagons worldwide, and we only got 80 wagons and 40 sedans. I will have to stalk the owner in my town and chat with him about it. Apparently Volvo will make more too, which is also cool.

Some perspective; that's about 20 times rarer than my -V (which btw put down 575whp yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vTK80-Ozns )

I think there are only 5 in Canada. :(

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

I spoke with my local Volvo Dealer (in Edmonton). Alberta is getting 1 of the new 2016 editions. So it looks like one for each province with high Volvo sales. And a $10k dealer markup. So it's a $70k wagon now.

One of the most exclusive cars in Canada. :eng101:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Tremek posted:

From a quality perspective thus far mine has held up very well, and we haven't been particularly gentle with it:

I think Cadillac did very well on build quality and reliability on the 2nd-gen CTS platform. That's probably your strongest non-German contender, and it can be had either in AWD or RWD.

You monkey humper. You made me go look them up and there's a 2011 with 23,000 miles on it that I want, badly. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

They'd never sell it in NA anyway but I hope Ford makes a wagon version of the Fusion Sport and it sells like mad in Europe/Australia.

A Fusion Sport wagon or Holden Commodore V8 wagon would be my perfect do-everything cars. :smith:

• Locked thread