Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

for points, spot where I keep the three quarts of ATF

Its in the gravel isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

8ender posted:

drat that Mazda 6 is a great deal. Get that car.

The mazda 6 of that vintage is a rolling shitbox. More problems the more miles they get. I never had one pull into the dealership that didn't need gobs of work. A focus wagon is actually a good car and not terrible in the snow either.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

leica posted:

Obviously after 160k you're going to have to replace poo poo, but I've never heard of the V6 motors having problems, it's been just the opposite with people raving about how good they are overall other than fuel economy which is pretty much normal.

They have evap system problems from the factory. They often leak at the crank seal if its a v6. and the speed six will develop an evap code or lean code for no drat reason. And I cant really say anything to bad about the four cylinders. They were actually good just people RICED the poo poo out of them and often lead to motor problems. Like blowing a hole in the block. Or setting a shitload of codes because you installed a Chinese CAI

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

leica posted:

Was that common across the board though, or is it better with later models?

Even those issues don't sound all that bad though, I could deal with a reasonable seal leak. Just a bit concerned because I'm planning on getting a 6 wagon in the near future, if not probably a Prius.

They got better and better with the later engines and model changes. Plus from what ive seen they broke the mazda rust curse. But the like 03-06???? (not sure on the exactness of that) had horrible rust issues and other issues. But getting a newer 6 wagon with a skyactiv 4 cylinder is a great idea. The skyactiv motor is pretty decent and the few I saw have an early death were from lube monkey mistakes.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
This is the reason why I recommend a BMW to every customer at work. Yes they have problems but there known and not that hard to fix.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

nm posted:

Huh? The mazda6 wagon is just a fusion wagon and those are pretty solid driverrain wise.

But its not and the fusion is a rolling piece of garbage in ford or mercury form. Plenty of timing chain issues on the mercury version. That was the number one car that would get traded for new subarus, at my once Lincoln mercury now Mazda Subaru dealer. They are poo poo if there a mazda ford or mercury. And the Mazda wagons HAD HORRIBLE RUST ISSUES. I'm in the rust belt so it scews my view but up until they changed the body again in like 09 or 10 mazda still had horrendous rust problems and evap problems thanks to spiders and retarded dealer techs who couldn't perform the recalls right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Tremek posted:

Why is the CTS wagon out? They're cheap and fit the criteria?

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/648220436/overview/

You can find higher mileage examples (but still under 100k) for low teens now with the 304hp V6 and AWD. Incidentally, they appear to be highly reliable too, which can't be said for either those Subarus or BMWs.

The real problem with those motors are they never get the oil changed regularly and one day you hear nothing but chain slap on start up and it's all downhill from there

• Locked thread