Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
You'll note that Audi doesn't sell the RS4 Avant anymore, either. It just doesn't make much sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

ahaha "there is huge demand for this car!!!" no there isn't, gently caress you quattroworld guy.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

DropShadow posted:

There is, it's just from people who can't afford one (like me).

I think that's technically desire.

I'd totally buy one if they brought it over here and it was like... 40k.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I read on the internet that Cadillac is killing the CTS and CTS-V wagons due to loving awful sales. Which is the inherent problem with wagons. A bunch of nerds on the internet are like SELL ME A WAGON VERSION, MR. OEM! and then when the OEM actually ponies up they're like You Want What For That??? and they just go buy a used Volvo or Audi.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Shin-chan posted:

I hope I don't have to just dream about this... :allears:

I got bad news for you buddy.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

My parents wanted to get rid of their 2001 Citroën C5 hatchback, so they went out and found a new used car. A 2006 Citroën C5 wagon. It's got leather seats and a couple more features than the old one. Interestingly, despite being a facelifted version of the same car as the old one, the suspension is even more pillow-soft and the power steering is lighter. Perfect for a comfy French sofa on wheels. Engine is only a 135hp 2.0, but honestly, who buys a Citroën to go fast, anyway?

It's absolutely ridiculously roomy, and it's even got a button in the trunk area to raise and lower the rear of the car, for easier loading and unloading. And it drives so well, nothing is sporty at all, everything is made and weighted for comfort.

Is that the hydro-pneumatic version or does it have normal suspension?

I want a C5 wagon in the worst way.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

It's hydro-pneumatic, it's the only way the first-gen C5 came. On the 2008-present second generation, you can choose normal suspension, but why would you do that on a big Citroën? :)

Because you are dumb and also cheap.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

MisterSparkle posted:

They are brining over the VF as a Chevy SS, stands to reason you might eventually see the Wagon form?

We won't.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The Sportcross, much like most cars, probably sees instantaneous MPG somewhere between 1 mpg and infinite (depending on closed loop and such).

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The Audi LMP1 cars are only diesel for two reasons: 1. Rampant rules loophole which makes diesels unbeatable 2. Marketing VAG's TDI expertise.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Even if an AWD manual Regal GS wagon was the home run of all home runs and destroyed its sales projections, it would sell like three thousand units.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The Toyobaru was selling above projections last I checked (which wasn't all that recently).

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

TrinityOfDeath posted:

The argument is always "No one would buy it", so clearly every car manufacturer should just follow Toyota's model and only produce a Camry.

It is a little sarcastic, but our economy thrives on exploiting niche markets. It would help if your examples, G8, CTS Wagon, Bmw/merc Wagons were actually affordable to buy for the people who want them, but all those cars get/are expensive when they are/were new.

Nobody is going to make a case for a production niche product that's cheap because the only way you make money on cheap poo poo is to either A) make it cheap (bad for obvious reasons and frequently actually difficult to execute) or B) sell a gently caress load of them. You can sell a Camry sedan for 21K because there are hundreds of thousands of them, so you can live with a tight margin. You can't do the same on something that you'll charitably sell thirty thousand of.

Hate to break it to you, as well, but every (volume) car manufacturer has followed Toyota's model and produced a Camry.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

It pisses me off that as soon as I'm roughly able to afford one BMW and Volvo have both stopped offering stick shift wagons.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I want to hate those wheels on that Outback, but they look really good.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

angryhampster posted:

angryhampster may be in the market for a wagon this year.

We've got a kid on the way this summer, and our 2-door Focus will probably be a tremendous pain in the butt to use a baby seat with. The Focus is an '08 with 120k miles on it..can probably sell outright for $4-5k easily.

I don't want to spend much more than that on a car. Obviously this limits my options and the 'new' wagon will have between 120-200k mi to fit in our price range. Secondary vehicle so MPG isn't a huge concern. Wife requires auto trans. What I'm considering:

1. BMW 5xx t (e39) ..my favorite BMW body. 6 and 8 cyl options both pretty reliable aside from cooling system. What are the other potential issues?
2. Subaru Forester/Impreza. I know nothing about them other than they need headgaskets and timing sets before 120k.
3. Volvo V70/XC70. I know nothing about these other thing I love the way they look.

This is what I'm considering, but open to other suggestions as well. Would also consider a 5-door hatchback but prefer wagon space.

Of these options..which one would be the least of a nightmare?

Buy the subaru

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Pricing on the Sportwagen got released today in the US. $22k for the base S 1.8T with a manual. TDI starts at $25k, a healthy discount over the outging.

I like the idea of the 1.8T but unfortunately you can only get it in El Cheapo trim with a stick.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

gently caress an AT, even the DSG.

I wish they brought back the 2.0 as well. There was a brief time period where you could get the JSW with the 2.0 and a manual, though it didn't include any of the suspension goodies of the GTI.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Kolster posted:

Having a little fun with some white rims on the Sportwagon. :3:

The new rims look a little odd to me but god drat that car is beautiful.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The LT5 is cool as hell but like... why not save a bunch of money and get a L92 or an L86?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

GIve me your car but with the twinspark

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I thought the JTS was pretty good, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

leica posted:

Is True Delta worth signing up? Like are there enough members to make a difference? I wonder about sites like it because it seems like there's not enough real data on niche cars or cars that just aren't very popular with the masses so it looks like results could be skewed. Like on the website Carcomplaints.com if a car is showing almost no issues it says "well either this car is awesome or it's not very popular" so how the hell is that helping me?

I have a slightly niche car (Focus ST) and have signed up solely to help future flat-brimmed hat wearing budget bros.

• Locked thread