Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rontalvos posted:

That is a hatchback and not a station wagon. :colbert:

If there's anything that blurs the line between the two, it's the Mazda3. It's 5" longer than a new Focus hatch, 10" longer than a GTI hatch, 30" longer than a Mini... the only other liftgate car I can find within an inch or two of it is the Impreza, which Subaru calls a wagon.

I also now realize I think I've taken like three pictures of mine, ever; but it's a stock red '07 MS3, not a whole lot to see :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

bolind posted:

The 3 hatch is actually a few milimeters longer than an E46 Touring... :psyduck:

Well then.

I did find this, from 3.5 years ago when I bought it, taken with one of the worst cameraphones ever:

Taken right about here. Fun road.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

Bob Lutz also green lit the Pontiac Solstice coupe. GM built a whole bunch of poo poo that wasn't profitable just so Lutz could buy one for his garage before retiring.

To be fair, the Kappa coupe was arguably the better of the two. After all, it didn't have that convertible top that reduced the usable storage space to barely enough for a carton of eggs.

GM's failure on that car was building a vehicle that was only useful as a second/third car, and yet not making it compelling as such.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Or on the odometer he bought on eBay and put into it.

$2500 is way high unless that thing is absofuckinglutely pristine with no leaks or faults of any sort, and even then with the poor paint quality I see I'd still say the guy's high as a kite.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

100hp has been fine for the B-segment in the past, and with good suspension and a 5 speed it still is. I do wonder how hard it would be to fit the 'skyactive' 2.0 in that little bastard. Hell, make that the only engine option, the mileage might not even change.

It'd probably improve - one of the Mazda2's biggest strikes against it in the cost-is-everything market is that it comes in a bit on the thirty side, especially with the ancient automatic, and that's before you even get the 3cyl Fiesta to compare to.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ultimate Mango posted:

Dog is not impressed.

More like the dog is sad you put his/her Powerwheels away.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

trouser chili posted:

Dammit, why does the collective American appetite for vehicles have to be so bad?

If the Mazda5 hadn't been so outdated by 2013, I might've bought one instead of the CR-V. The fact that they never bothered giving it the Skyactiv engine treatment sure made it look a lot less appealing in terms of mileage, though.

But, probably not, my wife hates the idea of sliding doors even if they are vastly more practical.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Tremek posted:

My wife is still skeptical, sadly. :( Wagons are ruined for her by her parents' 1st gen Taurus wagon and Civic wagon of her childhood.

This is my mom, though swap the Taurus and Wagovan for what I'd guess was probably some form of GM fullsize wagon.

Despite the fact that for drat near my entire lifetime, she's driven nothing but long-wheelbase minivans and three-row body-on-frame SUVs.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Slow is Fast posted:

If you don't give a gently caress about turning the iron 5.3 is like fifty cents

I find it hard to believe that even an iron 5.3 would weigh all that much more than the redblock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

savesthedayrocks posted:

Ive seen this term before, but haven't figured out what it's referring to. Can you explain the e-code and why you would get lights that are e-code?

European lighting regulations versus DOT. They allow a lot more light high up on the passenger side. They're technically illegal but since they're not likely to blind oncoming traffic anywhere a DOT light wouldn't also do the same, it'd be very rare to get caught out on it (unlike a lovely HID retrofit).

• Locked thread