Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
E39 540i M Sport

There are few things more satisfying than blowing the doors off a serious sports car with a station wagon. God help the points on my license as soon as I get my hands on a S62 and a six speed.

Good God that is wonderfully filthy.

James Woods fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I love your car. Still running the 5AT?

I am but it will be getting a software upgrade soon. The OEM code doesn't seem to like me dumping it into 2nd at 5000rpm. Instead when I downshift it spends a couple seconds with it's dick in it's hand in neutral before finally going back to third. This is incredibly annoying when entering a turn at seventy miles an hour.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

I spent the weekend breaking in a new set of Falkens in the mountains around Mt. Tam and Skyline Drive. The new rubber combined with the Bilstein HDs and Powerflex bushings means I can finally turn all the power from that V8 into speed in the turns instead of just a cacophony of noise and smoke. I managed to run down a GTR and a 911 Turbo on the roads up to Woodside where all the rich .com guys take their toys on the weekends and trust me, it wasn't for lack of their trying. Now I'm off to Costco with the wife. I loving love this car.

James Woods fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 7, 2013

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

GramCracker posted:

PLEASE tell me that is sporting an M5 swap...

Sadly not yet, just a well maintained M62TUB44. I am keeping my eye out for a S62 and Getrag Type D to do just that but that will have to wait for a while as I have four maybe going on five other cars I'm building and this is my reliable DD/work vehicle. There is however a sale on blocks at the Pick N Pull going on this weekend and I'll be keeping my eye out for a M73 because I've been wanting to rebuild a V12 to put into something...

• Locked thread